Chapter 30

Logan

"Okay," Annabelle mumbled, and slowly started for the door in a pace that would lose to a snail.

Eva was my lover for six months and within these months, I could proudly say she changed me with her view of life. The energy she added and her in-depth view of everything made both her artwork and personality had me gobsmacked from the first day we met at the coffee shop.

She was crazy, that was certain, but not enough to point a gun.

It would be insane to say a girl with Hoplophobia, a girl who couldn't stand the sight of guns on television, pointed one at someone. That was why the moment Annabelle coughed those words, I knew something was wrong.

Not with Eva.

But with Annabelle.

Instigated by sleep and stress, I covered a yawn and sluggishly stood from my position.

I moved to my phone that was on my bedside drawer and dialled doctor Samuel who picked at the first ring.

"I would love it if you come over," I said, after the exchange of greeting.

"I'm sorry your highness, but I will be on my way immediately, I'm presently in Paris with my daughter for an assignment," he apologized.

"That's not a problem, you can take as much time as you wish, I just need to know one thing; is illusion an effect she could have?"

"I will love to know more about this illusion she had before concluding."

***

Minutes later, I tucked the phone into my pocket and turned to Aaron who sat with worries clearly written on his face.

Without being asked, I said, "Each patient defers, but he believes it is a bad dream stimulated by her environment."

"She needs a little fresh air, something to clear her thoughts away from everything."

"And what are your plans?"

I ran my hands down my face and exhaled, I was exhausted and the only thoughts was visiting the kids in Wokingham. "Nothing much for now, but it will be nice to see the kids don't you think?"

He nodded. "That is brilliant."

"The visit shall be tomorrow," I said and slowly moved to my bed.

***
We emerged from the car to the welcoming smile of Philippa, the directress of Gale orphanage Wokingham. She was dressed in a blue African Ankara which had designs of yellow brooms and had flare hands that made her white skin glow underneath the morning sun.

She crisped her hands together like a priest in prayer and moved from the other staffs who had analogous smiles.

"It's so nice to see you again your highness," she said, with sprawled hands which I took.

"It is nice to be here again Philippa, this is Miss Eva and we are here to see the kids."

She shook Annabelle whose once straight face was replenished with a smile that made me stared for more than a second.

"That is lovely, the kids are about playing a friendly game of football, will you love to watch?"

"I will love to join," I answered.

"As always, I just need to get another staff to join in, Zoey had an emergency call before you came around," she said, leading the way into the red brick building surrendered by sycamore tree and had the flag of the United kingdom dancing with the morning wind.