Chapter 52

Annabelle

His lips were drugs that sank me deeper than water could. Food to my hunger, but also a fire to my desire as our tongues connected between the sea.

I pulled away and shifted a little. "We just broke a rule."

"I told you, reckless," He said flipping his face cap to his face swiftly while I caught my breath.

"I am toxic for you."

His light chuckle filled the air as he scuds closer, while I shifted again.

"You are. That's is sure." He paused and moved his stares to the sea where a ferry drove through. 

"I was meant to give you this a long time back..." He brought out a gold box from his pocket.

"What is that?" This time I scooted to him.

"This was retrieved after the fire." He passed the open box to me.

"Oh my God...I didn't realize this was missing," I said, staring at the gold necklace from Darcy.

"Thank you. I need help. I didn't even miss it." The moment I caught his gaze, I stopped my rumbling. "You still believe I stole this?"

"No." His expression didn't weaver but I needed no one to tell. Changes weren't expected just by the swipe of hands or by kisses and long nights together. I was a thief and I knew his opinion about me wasn't going to change.

Exhaling deeply I moved the box to him. "Thanks for giving this back. But I feel you should keep it."

"No Belle, That's a gift from my grandma. She doesn't give out something without a piece of her heart attached to it. You see that?" He pointed to the gold piece which softly laid in its case like a fairy tale princess ready to be kissed to life. "That has been in her possession for years before I was born. She knew why she gave that out. It's perfect for you. Special and perfect."

"Thank you," I whispered, stunned by the power the precious item and his words had as my hands trembled.

Aware his keen stares were still on me, I looked up and felt a vest cage closed in my heart as I got hooked under his blue eyes.

He was beautiful and I knew this. Perfectly sculptured with all the gold that could be used on a man but the slapped that crossed my cheeks and brought my brain to a standstill was the immense feeling I had the moment he smiled.

You are falling for him.

At a fast pace and I knew it was dangerous. We were both playing a game that needed no attachment and I was breaking my part by getting connected.

Just then, he touched me and I leapt from the chair, throwing the box and its content.

"What is wrong?" He inquired, picking the box.

"It's getting late. We should head back."

He moved his eyes to his wristwatch before looking back at me. "It's just 10:00 pm."

"Past my bedtime."

He stood and moved to me. "You never had a bedtime. What is wrong...did I say anything wrong?"

Taking a step backwards, I adjusted my dress with a smile. "Nope. I have a session with your mum and need to rest. We both know how busy the week will be, the ball is in a few days."

"About that...I need to show you something."

***

"This is beautiful," I whispered, running my hands through the portrait of the queen.

Extremely beautiful was the act, it had me wondering how dumb I was in art. All it needed was a breath to bring to life the queens twin. "When did you get this?"

"Before the fire."

"And you said nothing...how could you." My brows were raised as I shift my stares to him.

"It was nice seeing you tensed. You always had this look when working on your portrait it was priceless." He chuckled beside me.

I narrowed my eyes and turned to the portrait. "It's beautiful."

"Yes, it is beautiful." His words were low and heated it made me turn.

"What are you scared of Belle?"

You.

"A lot of things." I crossed to his drawer and placed the portraits before turning to him. "I am scared of spiders, death, most recently fire-"

"I mean now...Tonight, everything was going great. Then you jumped." I could tell he was running out of patience. He was frustrated, the lines on his folded forehead and his thin lips showed it all.

"It's nothing...you don't have to worry."

"God..." He folded his sleeves and strolled to me. "You say one thing but your actions and expressions say another. How do I deal with that?"

"Huh?"

In seconds, his lips were pressed on mine. Long and hard he kissed me before pulling out leaving me with blur visions.

"Now talk to me, what is wrong?"

"I was just...you just." I paused and puffed out air.  I couldn't tell him I was falling for him, that was against every decision we made, every plan we had, it would break the little we had.

Therefore, I shook my head and gave my best smile. "You had me confused and your words."

"Can I clear all confusion?" He inquired, equally smiling as his hands slowly brushed my cheeks, raising tangling sensation.

"That will be nice and helpful," I whispered, matching his tone as the bridges of our nose touched.

"Tell me about these things that had you confused."

Seizing the opportunity of his closeness, I kissed him before whispering, "I want you Logan. But I am scared I might freak out again."

***
Logan

"You don't have to be scared sweetheart," I said, feeling my heart leap from her words.

"You never have to be scared," I rephrased, as the need to keep her safe reverberated through my body.  I pulled her into a hug, so tight I could feel her racing heart.

Knowing the cause of her fear, I pulled from the hug and slowly brushed my lips on her neck. Turning her to the mirror, I said, "All you need do is trust me."

She bobbed, Just as my hands trailed her zipper and our eyes met in the glass frame.

I continued the strokes of kisses on her neck, holding her eyes and gently tugging her shirt from her shoulders. "This is you, you can't change this."

I kissed her shoulder where her dress once laid covering the soft skin that aroused me. I was willing to do whatever it took to push her fear away. I was ready to worship each part of her body and just as she said, I equally wanted her badly.

"You don't need to be scared of this." I tugged her dress to her hands, exposing her black bra and scars.

Staring at her reflection, I noticed her eyes were shut, her teeth brushed on her lips, drawing blood and pushing my hunger above its limit.

"This is part of you," I said, letting her dress drop to the floor. "And I want all of you."

Her eyes snapped open and within seconds, her hands were wrapped around my neck.

Lifting her off the floor, our lips entangled as she wrapped her legs around my waist, brushing her hands through my hair.

***