Chapter 12

Annabelle

Rose stood facing the board with her jaw dropped, her eyes still wide open. She slowly turned to me, and back to the drawing, while I stood confused on the next action to take.

She was an intelligent woman, not dumb to believe the disastrous sketch was the queen, a three-year-old child wouldn't believe that shit either.

All you have to do is lie Annabella.

"Is this...this.. the-"

"No, nao, trust me, this is something I'm painting for Logan," I answered cutting her short. It was funny how fast the lies flew out of my lips effortless, I felt like the queen of lies with a crown and throne to fit.

She looked to Aaron who nodded in agreement.

"Really? You think Logan will like this?" She asked still with uncertainty.

"Yes, he is crazy about my work."

Crazy? Come on Annabelle is that the best you got?

"That's romantic Eva." She paused now wearing a sad face. "Now I miss my husband."

I watched her stare at the painting with keen interest shifting from one foot to another.

"What exactly are you drawing?"

"I just let nature take it course, I mean, I flow with the love in the air."

Another one, I thought, mentally clapping.

"Hmm, that's beautiful," she said nodding her head in approval. "It looks so natural."

I nodded.

"Finish up with that then, I'm sorry for being too inquisitive," She added now heading for the door.

"It's Alright."

She looked back with a smile and shut the door.

In three fast steps, I walked to the fruit juice and drawn it. "That was close."

I turned to see Aaron rolling the drawing paper in a ball. "That was very close."

I couldn't get myself to imagine what would happen if we got caught, obviously, I would be in trouble, but what about the prince?

"I need to clean this up, I don't want that happening again."

"Go have some rest Eva, I will get the maid to clean this up."

"Thank you," I said taking out the pencil from behind my ear.

I walked to the door without waiting for his response, and left the room.

***

I stood in front of the opened wardrobe in my dressing grown and a towel around my head, another around my body. I saw no need to dress-up when all I really wanted doing, was jump on my bed and sleep or browse through my phone.

I tipped toed, picked a pair of short and a tank top that was folded at the top shelf of the wardrobe and slammed the wardrobe shut.

After pulling the top and short down my body, I sat on the bed with my hair still wet.

It's been four hours after the painting session and I had nothing planned for the day, strolling around the castle was something I didn't dare do, at least not now, I still needed an escort to do that.

I turned to the dressing table as my phone started buzzing. I stood up, walked to the table but stopped in shock at the caller ID, I forgot I promised to call Joshua last night.