Chapter 62

Annabelle

Hundred's of pocket or less, I have dipped and never got caught, but tonight was different. It was a night that karma took to the stage as my heart raced, just as my legs did while I pushed past people who yelled and cursed in Spanish.

I couldn't let him go... I couldn't lose something priceless despite being breathless. It was an option I wasn't ready to pick not even if failed by my lungs.

I caught sight of the little rascal running into a building. "Hey!" I yelled crossing the freeway and stopping right before the building where a white van was parked and it's black gate left open.

"Hey!" He neither turned nor stopped.

I followed through, taking the steps two at a time and pushing the door which opened freely the moment I got to it.

Without consideration for my safety, I rushed in. And just as I did, the door slammed shut causing me to jump from fear.

Touch light.

With sweaty and shaking arms, I fumbled through my bag and thankfully got hold of my phone.

As if on cue, the lights came on, blinding me for a second. But as I opened them I caught my breath, letting my bag drop to the floor as I stared with parted lips at the large frame of myself that was hung on the white wall.

It was just a picture of my face but with my eyes closed,  in black and white. it was so breathtaking I doubted it was me.

I turned around, letting my lids travel around the room that was filled with pictures of me, all taken without my knowledge or while I slept. It was an art gallery but I was the focus... A shrine, with my pictures blessing onlookers with memories of few weeks back... Few weeks of happy bliss.

Logan.

Asif hearing my thought which was of him for I knew this was his doing, he walked out of a door still dressed in his long sleeves shirt but with its hands folded. He stood right before the door facing me and making no effort to move closer.

"Why," I whispered.

"I need you to listen." He moved to where I stood, only separated by a few feet. "Belle all I ask is a few minutes then you can shoot me if you want."

I don't want that, I want to hold you.

I nodded, pushing aside the thought of holding tightly to him.

"I know what I said and I was stupid for saying all those hurtful words. Before this, I was a man with a lot of secrets. A man living in a world that was perfect in the eyes of all but not myself..." He ran his hands through his hair.  "...What I am saying is this... You are a thief and I fell for a thief. A girl hunted by her past everytime she looks at the mirror. I am hunted by my thought of you...You are like a monster that everyone needs to flee from...I can't help but long for this monster and know all her evil plans."

He took my hand that was cold. "You don't get it... I am broken Logan."

"And so am I... More broken than any glass can be. But I love you... Broken or whole. Belle I love you... I don't know if you still feel something for me..."

Frozen like a statue, I watched him as my brain decoded the words he spoke.

Love.

"...I promise no harm will come to your mum," he continued noticing my frozen state.

"Belle?" He placed his hands on my cheeks while I swelled hard. "Belle?"

"I am fine... I don't...know what to say."