Chapter 54

Logan

Just one more night.

The selfishness and urge to possess her again had me biting down my lips as I moved to her sleeping form which was wrapped in my sheet, with her back turned to me. Her position was perfect for cuddling.

Maybe one more night will cure the madness, maybe another would make all I say right.

Maybe, just maybe.

I leaned and placed a kiss on her cheeks before strolling to the shower.  If truly I desire the whole day with her, I needed all her schedule including her session with mum cancelled.

And that was the plan.

**

Annabelle

Few minutes after he walked out, I threw the sheet off my naked body, jumped from the bed, and rushed to my dress which was sprayed out on the sofa.

Hours back, the thought of what we did would have caused an alarming spring of excitement, but not now. Now, all I wanted was to get away from him, fix my shit and get back into the game with no melting candle emotions pulling my feet.

Seconds after getting dressed, I walked out of his room in hopes our path didn't cross. But my wish was greatly ignored by the goddess of favour as I came to a stop before my most dreaded enemy.

"And if it ain't the royal slut," she said with a lovely smile concealing the evil in her heart.

"I am not a slut and I need you to stay the fuck away from me," I said, as hatred mixed with confusion had me loaded and ready to explode.

"I was about to say the same sweetheart. I don't know how you did it but the lighter you took was a gift from a dead friend and I need it tonight." She paused. "Also, I don't joke with gifts and threats," She continued with a smiled.

Her smile was a quick sand that exacerbated my irritation. It was clear she was sick but sadly, no one saw this...no one but I. Not ready to fall into her netted trap of fear, I gushed my anger in two words. "Fuck you."

Feed up and feeling the need to say more, I took a step closer to the lady dressed in jeans and a green chiffon shirt. "You know what? Fuck you...fuck your gun...fuck your lame threat. All I need is a little time bitch...just a little time and all your shit will be out there," I sneered between my teeth as I started directing into her eyes

"And the bird is out of her net... No more hiding boo? Well, nice choice darling," she whispered and walked past still wearing her wide cheek grin that cost a creepy chill in the air, causing all hairs on my skin to crawl from their shell.

***

"Hey, sweetheart."

"Hey," I mumbled, as he closed my door and stood before me.

The space between us was as thin as a thread that I felt tempted to hug him, tempted to tiptoe and kiss him. But all my temptations were buried as my fingers rolled into a fist, fitting to cause damage to his perfectly sharp nose sculptured on his unshaved face.

"I cancelled your session with mum." He tried caressing my cheeks but I took a step backward letting his hands drop from their romantic attempt.

"Ok."

Staring intensively into my eyes, he placed his hands into his trousers pocket. "I will love to spend the rest of the day with you...like last night."

I wish I can plug your eyes out.

"For the sake of both our sanity...No Logan," I said, going for a less violent response.

"What do mean?" His brows were raised as he stared with innocence when I knew it was all pretence.