Chapter 51

Logan

With slacked jaws and wide eyes, I stared at her. She swayed, turned and clapped with no care for her audience but rather the rhythms that poured from the guitar and rubbers.

Crazy.

Wild.

She whirled and winked, before resuming her dance step that could cause a massive heart attack to her previous dance instructor.

"Oh God," I whispered as she pulled the headscarf from the guitarist and danced towards me.

She waved it around like a flag used in a protest and only stopped as I got hold of her hands and pulled her close.

"Jesus you need to stop."

"How was it? Did it beat your expectation?" She inquired, breathing heavily as the group started another beat.

I smiled soo wide my cheeks hurt. "Yes, it did. So terrible I sure will have a nightmare tonight."

She clutched her hands to her chest and let her lips and eyes open in a dramatic pose. "Terrible? You call a splendid performance deserving high pay terrible? How cruel can you be?"

"I am being sincere," I defended, as she pressed her lips together. "That was a show to remember, but I never want to remember. How can I un-see that?"

"Was It really that bad?" She smiled, while I cuddled her cheeks between my palms, letting my fingers grazed her sweaty skin.

"It was bad sweetheart, but that was the best performance I've ever seen...eye-catching, terrible, dreadful but still the best."

"You confused asshole..." She said playfully pulling off as I searched for a proper comeback.

"Is there going to be a comeback?" She inquiried reading my thoughts.

"I don't know how you do it...I feel empty and sealed."

Her laughter rang with the music produced by the group as she walked away. "If I can't have that...Can we at least get something to eat?... I am famished..."

"We could get something in the castle?"

She waved her hand in declinment but bobbed her head to the beat that attracted more audience as passerby's stopped to watch. More incline was a woman with two kids who stood next to me.

I gazed at the woman, thankful for my cap as her children, probably twins dressed in blue matching tee and similar hair cut pulled from her hold and joined Annabelle who's spirit was at its peak of excitement.

***

"This is the best fun I have had in a while." She scoped a spoon of her ice cream while walking backwards. "Thank you."

"You are welcome," I said, with both hands in my trousers as we walked through the Windsor town bridge right above River Thames where beautiful ducks flooded on the water next to the ferries.

"You need to be careful," I warned as she continued her backward movement.

She emptied her cone of ice cream and dumped it into a trash can with the sick skills of a basketballer. "Sometimes you need to be reckless."

"I know...but..."

She stopped her movement and stared with rapid attention as my thoughts wandered to Eva and how my little reckless act landed the collapsing of a beautiful relationship. But here I was, being asked to be reckless by another.

Placed side by side, they both gleamed in a quiet way. Eva was a deal of all kind, but Annabelle had a robust and aberrant flow of energy that could make a blind man see... Blind and stupid I was, for wanting her to be someone else when she was a first-class deal...a deal I wanted.

"A Tenner for your thoughts." The voice was a whisper as she stood before me with furrowed brows.

"Huh?"

"I lost you for a while...what were you thinking about?"

"Nothing really," I lied, smiling.

"Lies." She looked into my eyes, shaded by the cap before walking to a twin bench right in the middle of the bridge. I opened my lips but shut them, knowing it was useless.

I took the space beside her and said, "I was thinking of how stupid I was..."

"I agree."

"...and...Wait, what?"

Her legs were crossed, her hands folded on them in a ladylike manner, while she stared far into space. "You said you were stupid and I agree. You can call yourself whatever you like and I will be in full support."

Baffled, I took off my cap and let my fingers flexed through my hair.

"Thank you for your support, it means more than you can imagine," I said, sincerely.

Giving a cheap smile that only lances her lips and not her eyes she said, "You are welcome, but I need to know what stole your attention."

"Eva... I was thinking about Eva."

***

Annabelle

My fingers slowly rolled into a fist as the sudden feeling had me sour and confusion disseminated from my heart.

Jealous.

I was jealous and it had me feeling insane. He was right next to me but his thought was packed full for another woman. This made me feel less or even worst...I felt useless.

But why?

This was nothing, we were nothing and I was sure of it.

"I wanted you to be her and that was stupid."

My breathing caught as I noticed the intensity of his stare and seriousness that golfed me away from our present location to the night before. A night of passion and deceleration.

"You had to," I whispered, breathlessly as my voice came out cracked.

He leaned a little causing the now-familiar rush of blood that popped through my vain in anticipation of a kiss. A kiss I had wanted the whole night.

"I know...But I love who I am around you Belle."

Hot air from his lips met with mine in unity, bringing the world to stand still. "Who are you around me?"

"I am Logan, plan and reckless Logan." His lips covered the space as they touched my skin.

***

Authors note

Hey guys.

So you've all heard about the protest going on in my country Nigeria. A lot is wrong and our youth are dying in the hands of police who are meant to ensure our safety...I mean a lot you may never know. 

Our government know about this... Our leaders are quiet or pretending to not notice...

This is why we the youth are ready, not with machete or violent materials but with one voice, hoping it counts.

We just hope our pleas and cries get to the ears of all...

Do pray for my Country Nigeria and help in any way you can.

Love you all♥♥♥