Chapter 29

{August}

I looked in Carter's eyes and she was serious, I was about to say something but my phone rang I looked at it and it was Britt. I looked back at Carter and hit answer on my phone. I seen Carter scuff then picked up Amani's carrier and get up. I grabbed her arm and she snatched away.

"Carter, wait, I-." I was cut off by Carter's hand connecting with my face I was shocked then noticed some people were staring at me. I walked out and saw Carter drive off so I called a cab.

{Carter}

I walked in the house and got some of my things, I didn't have much because most of my stuff was still at my other house so I packed what I had and got Amani and walked out I drove to my other house and took Amani out the car and walked in my penthouse.

*

I finally put Amani to sleep and in her crib I was exhausted, I walked downstairs and sat on the couch and turned on the tv and grabbed the blanket that was on the side of the couch and laid it on me, I was comfortable till the doorbell rang, I groaned and threw the cover off me and got up. I opened the door and Abre was standing there crying. I opened the door wider so she can come in.

"What happen who do I have to murder?" She smiled and sat in the couch I closed the door and locked it.

"So tell me what's wrong." She sniffed and relaxed on the couch, I sat beside her and she began speaking.

"Jay, he cheated on me." She cried even harder, so I consoled her."I came home and he was all over this girl named Raven, and once I made myself know, I beat that bitch up and left." She cried and I rubbed her back.

"You can stay here if you like doesn't matter how long." She sat up and sniffed.

"Thank you." I nodded and she took off her shoes and laid down I laid next to her and put the tv off mute.

*

The was in a good sleep till I heard voices downstairs I noticed I was in my bed so I was guessing Abre brought me up here I looked at the time and it was only 11:39 at night so I got up and went to the bathroom once I came out I saw Abre sleep on my bed but I kept hearing voices downstairs so I quietly went to check on Amani and she was sleep the I peeked my head downstairs and saw two guys with black masks on. My heart started pounding faster so I ran quietly in Amani's room and got her she scrunched up her face as I laid her on my chest I put her blanket over her body and put her pacifier in her mouth then tip toed to my room I closed and locked my door I walked over to Abre and shook her she woke up with a attitude.

"I'm about to-." I cut her off and pointed to the door.

"There are people in the house and we need to call the police." I said rocking Amani. she nodded and got out of bed, she picked up her phone and dialed a number she walked to the bathroom and talked on the phone I turned off the lights and went to Abre. She got off the phone and she turned off the bathroom light and pulled us into my closet and his behinds some clothes. Amani started fussing and soon started crying I rocked her but she started crying louder I heard footsteps from downstairs get louder and soon I got Amani to quiet down, and fall back to sleep.

"Did you lock the bedroom door?" Abre whispered.

"Yea." I said sitting down with Amani on my chest.

"Carter I know your going to hate me for this but I called August. She whispered.

"What!" I stopped because we saw the light cut on then saw shadows at the bottom of the door. We soon heard someone else walking upstairs then bumping for at least 30 minutes then we heard August voice.

"Carter, Abre, whea ya at." we walked out and I embraced him with a hug with Amani still in my hands he hugged back and looked at me.

"Ya alright?" I nodded then looked down and noticed the two guys on the floor."Com'on my daughter don't need ta' see this." I nodded and we all walked downstairs while August made a call.