Chapter 30

I walk into August house with Amani on my shoulder, I went up to her room and laid her down and set the baby monitor on. I turned on my heal and cracked Amani's door.

"Ya' good?" August said making me jump a little.

"Yea I'm okay." I whispered enough so he can hear me. He sighed and walked to his room and I followed him but stopped at his door frame he walked in his closet and what I'm assuming he was getting comfortable, he came out in some grey sweats and no shirt and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Come hea'." I walked over to him and he sat me in his lap. "Carter look Im sorry bout' everythin' I was so mad that I almost lost ya, I broke ma phone an bought a new one the only numba's I have in hea' is yours ma' moms an' some mo' family memba's Carter I am in love with ya an' things are gone change especially since Amani is in ma' life now." I looked at him and set my hands on his face.

"August I don't know are you sure because if so then tell me right now and I can go stay somewhere else." he looked dead into my eye's and I saw a tear escape his eye I wiped it away and hugged him. "Okay August but don't screw up okay." he nodded and kissed my lips. I got off his lap and he dragged me back down.

"Whea do you think you are goin'?"

"To the guest room and going to sleep."

"Nah little ma' you sleepin' with me." he smiled while looking at my lips and I smiled back before getting up.

"Fine but let me go change and check on Abre." He nodded and I walked out of his room and down the hallway to the guest room where Abre was. "You good Abre?" She nodded.

"Yea I'll be fine, Jay keeps blowing up my phone but I don't care anymore, I think it's best if we parted for now." I sat next to her and she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Wow really?"

"Yeah."

"You guys have been together for 5 years an you are just going to throw it away just because he cheated on you once."

She sighed and lifted up her head and looked at me. "Your right, but he won't be forgiven easily." She said laughing. I hugged her and got up.

"Goodnight ugly."

"Goodnight stink bug." I laughed and walked out and down the hallway to August room I walked in and he was watching tv so I went to his bathroom and turned on the shower stripping myself out my clothes and into the shower. as soon as I was done I stepped out and wrapped myself in my towel and walked out the bathroom, August was sleep but I didn't have any clothes so I shook him he groaned and turned towards me.

"Hmmm." He said with his eyes still closed

"August I need some clothes I'm cold and I don't have anything to wear."

"Just get in bed naked I'll keep ya' warm." he said smiling.

"You have jokes but for real get me something." he groaned and got up and pulled a white tee shirt out of his drawer and gave it to me. "Okay you can turn your head."

"You actin' like I haven't seen ya' naked befo'." I rolled my eyes and he laughed while burying his face in his pillow. I dropped the towel and threw the tee shirt over my head and fixed it. I looked at August and he was staring dead at my body. I cleared my throat and he smiled.

"Thirsty." I asked sitting on the opposite side of him.

"Nah.....Horny." he said turning off the light. I laughed and got under the covers.

"The lotion is in the bathroom." I said closing my eyes.

"I'm good." he scooted closer to me and wrapped his handed around my waist.