Chapter 22

"What, okay I'll be there in a hour." I didn't bother looking at him because I already know he is mad at me."Come on na' I need ta get back home Britt fell down the stairs." I scoffed then got my phone, we got in the car and he drove me home, once he got to my house he looked at me."Just because Britt is hurt doesn't mean this conversation is over I'll be back." I rolled my eyes and got out he drove off fast and I just got in the house and went to my room.

{August}

I got off the jet and got in my car I drove to the hospital that Britt was at, as I was driving I thought about Carter, she made me so mad. Who keeps there own baby away from there father that shit doesn't fly with me I pulled up to the hospital and ran in, I walked up to the front desk lady and she looked at me.

"I'm hea' fo' Britney Delgado."

"Um yea she is in room 310B 3rd floor."

"Thank ya'." I ran down the hall and got on the elevator I pressed 3 and went up, once the doors open I ran out looking at the labels on the wall.

"306,307,308,309, and 310B." I rushed in the door and saw Britt sitting up in tears.

"August, she is gone." As soon as she said those words my world felt like it came to a stop. I looked at her and sat next to her bed and looked at her flat stomach, after that I broke down.

{Carter}

"So he didn't take it so well." Avre said sitting at the edge of my bed."

"No."

"It's okay girl, I know what can cheer you up." I looked at Ray and he got up and went into my closet and came out wearing a dress."Fashion show by mwua." he said while raising his hand referring to himself. Abre and I laughed historically.

*The next day*

I walked in the doctors office and sat down on the bed.

"So let's get started and check on the little one." She smiled and turned on the monitor I lifted up my shirt and she spread the jell on my stomach it was cold at first but it started to warm up.

"If you see here you can see her hands and feet." she said pointing to the screen.

"Wow that's amazin'." We both turned are heads and saw August looking at the screen his eyes were really red and he looked like he had been crying.

"Um excuse me but your not allowed to be in here sir."

"I'm the father ta her babeh."

"Do you want him to be in here?" She said looking at me, I was quiet for a moment.

"Yeah." I managed to say. She nodded and he pulled up a seat next to me.

"Alright so I'll be back with the pictures and then we will be done for today." She said while wiping the jell off my stomach. I sat up and she walked out August sat there and set his hands on his knees and his head in them.

"I'm tellin' ya' this now, I'm only goin' ta be hea' fa' ma' babeh girl an' her only." I looked at him and he looked straight at the wall.

"What happened August?"

"We lost ha'." he started crying so I got up and hugged him he pulled me down to his lap, he cried and I felt tears of my own start to fall.

"It's okay August, things will get better don't worr-." I was cut off by August getting up.

"No it's not Carter, God all ya think about is ya self no one else how do ya think Britt feels, huh. Pathetic like I said an' I'll say it once mo' I'm only going ta' be hea' fo' my baby an' ya' won't have ta' worry about me bein' in ya' way so ya' don't have ta' run or feel sorry fo' me." with that being said he walked out and slammed the door making me jump, I sat there soaking everything he said to me in and just sat there and cried till the doctor came back in.

"Here." she said giving me some tissues and the pictures I smiled then waddled out I got in my car and drove home.