Chapter 26

November.22.2016
4:30pm

{August}

Britt looked at me then walked in closing the door behind her.

"August I can't believe that you left me at the alter looking dumb all by myself, just for her." She said motioning her hand to a sleeping Carter.

"I'm sorre' Britt but I couldn't miss ma' babeh being born." She looked at me then looked down.

"Ya know I was suppose to be 8 in a half months going on 9 today with YOUR little girl!" She said walking closer to Carters bed, she slid her hand down Carter's bed then set in hand on her stomach.

"It would be a shame if she felt the same pain that I went through when I lost my little, no scratch that, our little girl." I got up and grabbed her wrist I made sure that I had a tight grip around it because she was not about to hurt her or the baby just because she is mad.

"I swea' ta' God if you hurt either one of them I'm comin' afta' you." I looked at her and she just locked eyes with me.

"So that's how it is August, 5 in a half hours ago you were about to marry me now you wanna kill me if I touch her, ya know what it's whatever I hope you can tell Carter about your little problem you have and have a nice life." She looked at me and she snatched her arm away and walked out.I sat in the chair and sighed in frustration. I looked up and sat my hand on Carters stomach and got up and kissed it, I looked at Carter and she was sleep talking it was cute because she looked mad and cute at the same time.

"No, you had the monkeys keys first." She mumbled I laughed then I seen my Mama bust through the door.

"Did I miss it, did my grand baby come out, where is she I wanna see her." she said looking around.

"Na' ma' ya' good she not hea' yet, chill out main. She laughed and I did to. My mom met Carter back in LA when we were dating, at first she didn't like Carter but she warmed up to her once Carter stuck up for her at the mall about taking some earrings. I laughed at the thought of it, ever since then they have been partners in crime.

"Boy watcha' laughin' about over there?"

"Nun just the time when Carter went off on the lady fa' thinkin' ya took some ole' earrings."

"Ahh I remember that and will never forget it either." We laughed then sat in silence but it was a nice and peaceful silence.

{Carter}

I woke up feeling a lot of pain, in my lower area, I leaned forward and August sat up rubbing my back, I looked over and saw Mama Sheila holding my hand.

"I need the doctor the baby is coming, August." He nodded and ran out to get her, I didn't want him to go because it felt good when her rubbed my back.

"Okay, well it seems that your baby is definitely ready to come out." I nodded and August ran to my side and rubbed my shoulders. "Um are you okay Ms. Carter."

"Yeah, why?"

"Well because, most women are usually feeling pains in there lower abdomen."

"I don't know it's just whenever August is around she doesn't hurt me as much." He nodded and I laid back on the bed holding August hand. As soon as he let go I felt so much pain.

"August give me your damn hand NOW." I said flaring up my nostrils.

"Okay, ready, on three. 1.2.3." I pushed and pushed for half a hour and I was exhausted.

"Come on babeh, one mo' push and are babeh girl is hea'." I nodded then pushed soon I heard baby cries and the doctor, holding up and baby girl with the umbilical cord, August loosen his grip and I dropped his hand and he cut the umbilical cord and they cleaned her off and set her in a purple blanket with a tiny hat and booties.

*

"Hey baby girl, welcome to the world." Mama Sheila said talking to the baby I laid in the new bed they put me in and I was laying back looking at her.

"So what are you going to name her?" The nurse said walking in with some papers and a pen. August looked at me.

"Amani"She nodded and walked out Mama Sheila handed me her and I just admired her beauty.

"If you ask me there is no doubt about it, that is August baby they look like twins." Mama Sheila said looking at the baby. I smiled and watched as she covered her face with her tiny hand. I handed her to August and he held her not taking his eyes off her. I soon felt the after contractions come and hit me like a bitch.

*2weeks later*

"My baby is officially 2 weeks old now." I said picking her up out of her carrier. August came over the house to chill with Amani while we pack, today was the day that we leave New Jersey and go back to L.A I was a little sad because we have to leave Ray but he said he will visit from time to time.

"Can ya' say Mommy." August said talking to Amani even though she wasn't paying him any mind.

"Boy she not even lookin' at chu." I said sitting next to August. August and I have became more close and he is really pushing the whole relationship thing.

"Babeh, I love you." i sat up and looked at my nails.

"Did ya' hear me I said I luh you." I looked at him and laughed.

"What's funny?"

"This whole time I thought you were talking to Amani." He chuckled and sat Amani in her car seat and turned to me Setting his hands on my waist making me sit in his lap.

"Carter, move in with me."