Chapter 45

"Whea' is ma' daughta'."August said charging towards Ray. I got up and pulled August away from Ray.

" she is in there we don't know what's wrong with her all I know is that se had a allergy attack." I said crossing my arms over my chest explaining it to him, he nodded and turned around facing the broad I rolled my eyes and sat next to Noah. August sat in the other chair across from us and looked down as his broad followed him.

"You good?" Noah whispered. I nodded and locked my fingers in his kissing the back of his hand. He smiled and did the same with mine.

*****

"Alsina family?" The doctor said coming out with a clipboard. August and I stood up and walked a little towards him.

"Yes, that's us." August said standing next to me.

"Your daughter is perfectly fine, but it seems that she is severely allergic to fish." He said, I breathed put the breath I didn't know I was holding in and set one hand on my head. Thank hod my baby is okay." You could go see her if you like." He said moving aside, I walked past him and into the room, I saw my baby plugged up to the machine and I looked around trying not to break down. I was pulled into a hug, and I cried into whoever chest, I looked up and it was August, I pulled away and walked to the bed. I pulled some hairs that was in her face and moved them aside.

"Mommy." She said with a croaky voice, I smiled and touched her cheek.

"Yes baby." I said sniffing.

"I sleepy." She said opening and closing her eyes. I nodded.

"Got to sleep baby girl. I'll be right here when you wake up." I said she closed her eyes and soon light snores came from her mouth. I looked at August and he was staring at me, I looked over at Noah, and went to him. "I'm staying with her tonight." I whispered to him, he nodded and kissed my forehead.

"I'll go back and get you some clothes, but I'll be back." He said looking into my eyes, I nodded and noticed I was still in my dress, I tried to cover up as much as I can buy there was no use.

*****

It was only August and I in the room and it was a uncomfortable silence between us.

"Ya' look very beautiful." He said breaking the silence, I smiled and kept looking at Amani sleep."Carter, I'm vea' sorra' can ya' please fa' give me?" He said sitting next to me and facing me.

"August, I already forgave you, but I still want my distance." I said, he sighed and kissed the side of my head. He got up and walked out the room. Tuh typical.

~• 1 week later•~

"I just finished my photo shoot and now I am off to the hospital to pick up Amani, today was her last day and she has recovered perfectly, but now I know no fish. Noah was at work and Ray was with his new boyfriend, I was happy he found someone, but Amani wasn't, she thinks of Ray as her gay brother, weird right? I guess. I parked my car in the parking lot and clicked the alarm. I walked in the hospital breathing in the waiting room scent.

"Hi I'm here to check out Amani Alsina." I said to the old receptionist, she nodded and started typing on her screen. She handed me some papers and I showed her my ID then she gave me her room number. I opened the door and saw August talking to Amani, while she was laughing in bed with the covers on her. I cleared my throat catching their attention. I looked at Amani and smiled, I was trying my best not to make eye contact with August, but he was making it so hard not to.

"Mommy!" Amani screeched, I walked over to her and kissed her forehead and she kissed my cheeks.

"How do you feel baby girl?" I said sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Great they gave me this medicine and it was gross, but then I got juice and now my throat don't hurt no mo'." She said. I smiled and brushed my hands through her wild hair.

"Good. Ready to go?" She looked over at August and gave him sad eyes. Fuck, I know that look. She wants something and she told him to tell me.

"Carter, Amani and I wanted ta' know if we can all go out fa' ice cream an' eat breakfast or lunch?" He said, I didn't look at him I just kept my eyes on Amani. You sneaky girl. I closed my eyes and sighed, I nodded, I know this will be a bad idea, but if Amani is happy.

*****

I set Amani's hair in two goddesses braids and she smiled at her reflection, we were at home and I was getting Amani ready. I set her in a white long sleeve t-shirt and some black shorts.

"Okay baby which one Nike or flip flops." I said holding her shoes up with my back facing the door.

"No mommy I want ma' oreo Jordan's." She said pulling them out the closet. I set them down and sighed.

"Well alrighty then." I said.

"That ma' girl. Matching like ya' daddy." August said scaring me.

"Jeez Anthony you scared me." I said holding my chest. He laughed and grabbed his phone. I look at Amani tie her shoes and back at August, they were matching he wore a white long sleeve with black jeans and some Jordan's to plus his chains and his SnapBack. I looked down at my outfit and I just wore a simple peach pants and a grey long sleeve shirt with my peach scarf and grey heels. My baby bump was showing and there was no way into hiding that.

"Okay mommy and daddy I'm ready." Amani said standing up, I looked down and her shoe laces was everywhere.

"Come here Nini." I said calling her by her nickname. She sat on my lap and I fixed one of her shoe laces. August got up and sat in the floor with me and fixed her other one. He tied it and stared at me.

"Okay daddy, we know she is pwetty, but come on na'." Amani said jumping on August. He laughed and we stood up walking out her room. This is going to be a long night.