Chapter 56

Kaylan POV

"Wassup Kay" Day Day said giving me a hug.

"Wassup Day Day" I said.

"So.." He said walking me to the living room and I seen his girlfriend sitting on the couch and she looked over at us and smiled standing up.

"Kaylan this is my girl Rae, Rae this is Kaylan, the mother of my child" Day Day said introducing us.

I was here without Cordell. I wanna get to know her myself before my son is around her.

"Nice to meet you!" I said with a smile.

"Pleasure's mine, I love your music." She said as we shook hands.

"Aww thank you" I said as we sat down on the couch.

"No problem, when Day Day told me the other day that YOU were his baby mama I was like no way. All this time I had no idea" She said laughing.

"Oh wow. How long have you guys been together?" I asked.

"About 8 months, almost 9. Basically the whole time he was locked up. I'm an officer in there, but I'm getting a new job. I'm tired of being there" Rae said.

"I'm already knowing, being in jail halls all day ain't it" I said.

"At all." She said and then we both looked at Day Day and he looked awkward as fuck and we laughed at him.

"You good?" I asked.

"Yeah are you?" Rae said laughing.

"I'm straight, I'm just glad y'all getting along and shit" He said.

"Yeah he was nervous about that for whatever reason" Rae said.

"I don't know why. Girl I'm a coo ass baby mama, I don't get in no business that don't concern me, I mind mine and just co parent for our child" I said.

"Right I can tell! Day Day showed me pictures of Cordell while he was locked up and he's so cute" Rae said.

"Thank you, he look just like Day Day" I said chuckling.

"I see you in him too" She said.

"Well thank you" I said.

"You plan on having any more?" She asked.

"Yes! I want another boy and one girl" I said.

"With who?" Day Day asked scrunching his eyebrows.

"With Roddy duh" I said chuckling and he didn't say anything.

"You and him are cute by the way" Rae said.

"Thank you" I said with a smile.

"How'd you and Day Day even meet?" She asked.

"Oooh that was a long time ago" I said.

"Very long time ago. Like freshman year of high school. We was just hella coo but then I made a move our junior year" Day Day said.

"Dated for two years and had Cordell and that was that." I said.

"Well y'all had a beautiful son out of it" Rae said.

"Yes ma'am and that's my babyyyy" I said.

"Nah that's my baby" Day Day said laughing and I said "Mhm he's half yours too, I'll give you that"

"But any who it was nice meeting you Rae. I figured you was coo if Day Day wanted me to actually meet you but I just wanted to see for myself" I said.

"Oh I completely get it! I'd be the same way. Thanks for being so coo and laid back about everything" She said.