Chapter 15

Roddy POV

"You okay?" I asked Kaylan. It's only been a few days since she got rid of Dallas, but it's still bothering her that she had to shoot him. It'll take time but I know she'll be aight eventually.

"Yeah I'm coo. Just thinkin" She said.

"What's on your mind?" I asked helping her take off her jacket as she sat on the edge of my bed.

"Everything. I just wanna make sure I'm good, financially and all for me and Cordell." She said.

"You are good right now right?" I asked massaging her shoulders.

"Yeah but I wanna stay good." Kaylan said.

"I heard that." I said.

"I can't even get a decent job because of that nigga Charles." She said rolling her eyes.

"Who's Charles?" I asked.

"This nigga my mom was with before Dallas and before Henry. He was a problem too. And he landed me in jail after I hurt him so." Kaylan said.

"Damn." I said sighing.

"Yep so since I'm considered a felon, for being in jail a few times, I can't really get a job. So I slang weed and shit just like you. I just do my shit on the low." She said.

"Yeah you right about that cause I had no fuckin idea you sell dope too." I said and she laughed.

"That's the beauty of it." Kaylan said.

I leaned down a kissed her neck while massaging her shoulders gently, she bit her lip tilting her neck to the side.

"Mm, baby I would love to keep this going but I gotta take Cordell to see his father." She said and I ignored her, continuing to kiss on her neck.

"We can finish this when I get back baby I promise.." She mumbled.

I smacked my lips and pulled away saying "Fine. I understand"

"Don't be like that" Kaylan said and I chuckled.

"Nah for real I understand, he gotta see his dad. Hurry back" I said smacking her ass as she stood up and she winked at me.

"I will" She said.

"Nah Kaylan can you be back by 8:00?" I asked, but just joking.

"Boy I'll be home by 7:59." She said smirking and we both laughed.

"Get yo ass on and hurry back" I said.

-

Kaylan POV

As they led Day Day to sit across from me through the glass, I seen how excited he was to see Cordell and Cordell smiled.

I picked up the phone and put it to Cordell's ear.

"Wassup man!" Day Day said.

"Hi daddy" Cordell said.

"I miss you. You miss me?" He asked.

"Yeah" Cordell replied grinning.

"Listen, daddy will be home soon and we ain't gotta miss each other no more." Day Day said. I then put the phone to my ear.

"Thank you for bringing him Kay." He said.

"Of course" I said.

"So they scheduled a bail hearing for me in two or three weeks. If everything goes smooth I'll be released." He said.

"Really?! That's great Day Day. I'm excited for you" I said with a smile.

"Thank you mami." He said back and I rolled my eyes. Here he go.