Chapter 4

Roddy POV

"I just need some weed." My main customer Joey said.

"What kind? I only got sativa, wedding cake, gorilla glue and indica." I said.

"Gorilla glue." He said, I nodded my head, grabbing the pill bottle out of my pocket, making sure it was the gorilla glue one.

"$35" I said, he handed me three tens and one five.

"Good lookin" He said.

"No problem. See you later" I said as he got in his car and drove off.

I pulled out my phone and went through my contacts finding Kaylan's name.

I been thinking about her the past three days, I don't know why really but it's bothering me.

Me: Can we talk?

-

Kaylan POV

I walked into my mama house, with Cordell and seen Dallas just watching the tv in the living room with his feet on the coffee table. I sighed.

He getting way too comfortable already.

"Come on Cordell" I said as I held his hand and we walked into my bedroom, I picked him up and sat him on the bed.

"Here baby" I said handing him one of his toys. "I'll be back." I said to him.

I walked into the living room and said "Don't you think that's a lil unsanitary to have yo feet on the coffee table? You don't live here either."

"Actually I do." He said.

"Actually you don't." I said.

"Me and yo mama getting real close. So it looks like I'm gone be here for a while." Dallas said.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"What it sound like?" He said, I chuckled and walked into my mom's room, seeing her smoking a cigarette as usual.

"Mama? This nigga live here now?" I asked.

"Yeah why?" She asked.

"He's only been around what? Two weeks? Why you moving him in here so fast? You don't even know him!" I said, I sighed. She makes the worst decisions.

"If you don't like it you can leave Kaylan! This is my house! I do whatever the fuck I want in my house!" She yelled.

"Yeah this bout the 4th nigga you done moved in here. Let's see if anything different happens this time around" I said rolling my eyes.

"Who are you talking to like that?!" My mom asked, I walked out of her room and heard her say "Kaylan!"

I ignored her walking into my bedroom and slammed the door, laying in the bed with Cordell. I sighed a little. He was playing with his toys, he's the only reason I got all the joy in the world. He is my only joy.

I pulled out my phone, seeing a text from Roddy. I sighed a little.

Roddy: Can we talk?

Me: About?

I sat my phone down and Cordell said "Mommy I'm hungry"

"You want a happy meal from McDonald's?" I asked.

"Yes!!" He said excitedly. I laughed and said "Aight let's go baby"

-

As I was driving back home, from getting Cordell a happy meal, I seen Roddy sitting at the bus stop on his phone. I sighed a little. I couldn't just leave him there like that.