Chapter 52

Kaylan POV

"What you think of this one?" Tyree asked me. I was at the jewelry store with him, finding an engagement ring for my mom.

"I like it, she likes pink custard type shit so." I said.

"Yeah her favorite color is pink, I wanted to get the engagement ring diamond pink" He said.

"Oooh Tyree look at this one" I said smiling and I picked it up. "It's so beautiful!" I added.

"Yeah I like this one way better" He said.

"It's $50,000 though" I said.

"So?" He said.

"You don't mind?" I asked with a smile.

"She's worth it." Tyree said.

"Aww oh my gosh... You're the real deal for my mom." I said.

Words can't even express how happy I was that my mom found a man that genuinely cares about her and wants the absolute best for her, and nothing less.

"This ain't a game to me Kay. I love Janette and she's a queen so I gotta treat her like it, she's worth every penny I'm about to spend" He said and I smiled.

"I love it, I love it" I said clapping my hands and he laughed.

"Good. I always wanted a daughter" He said.

"You don't have kids?" I asked.

"I have a son, he's your age. Janette already met him but I guess soon you guys will be meeting since by marriage you'll be siblings" He said and I laughed.

"I never had a brother before. So I'm down" I said chuckling. "So you had him around the same age my mom had me? 16?" I asked.

"Well I'm two years older than your mom. Im 38. I had Ronnell at 18. So no" He said.

"Oh, his name is Ronnell?" I asked.

"Yeah but we all call him Ronnie for short" He said.

"Makes sense, well I can't wait to meet him" I said.

"Thank you for accepting me Kay" He said.

"Of course! Tyree you have proven yourself. So thank you for being real" I said and he smiled.

"No problem, come on let's go purchase this ring" He said.

-

Roddy POV

"This tape finally almost finished" I said to my engineer as I was at the studio. I took Cordell with me, and he was sitting on my lap.

"How's Kay and Caresha's music shit going?" He asked.

"Good, they working on an album called Girl Code, and they finna drop a music video with Money Bagg soon" I said.

My baby been doing her shit just like me, I'm proud of both of us.

We got the music, a new home, now there's one more step for this puzzle to be complete. I'm just taking my time.

"And who's this lil guy here?" Josh asked.

"This my son Cordell" I said and Cordell cheesed.

"Son?" Josh said.

"Yessir" I said.

"I didn't know you had a kid" He said.

"I didn't. I'm not his father biologically, but it don't matter to me. This my girl's kid, so he's my kid." I said rubbing his back.

"You a real nigga for that" Josh said.

"Appreciate you, say hi Cordell" I said.

"Wassup" Cordell said tryna sound like me and I laughed and so did Josh.