Chapter 29

Kaylan POV

"There's my baby!" I said as Cordell ran in my arms

"There's my baby!" I said as Cordell ran in my arms. I came to Corey's house to pick him up from Day Day.

"I missed you mommy" He said.

"I missed you too baby" I said back kissing his forehead.

"How was he Day Day?" I asked.

"Great as usual.. I uh actually gotta talk to you about something" He said sighing.

"What's wrong?" I asked sitting Cordell on my lap, as he was playing some game on his Nintendo.

"I gotta spend as much time with Cordell as possible.." Day Day said.

"Of course. You're his father." I said.

"I mean as much time. Because I might have to go back inside." Day Day said and my jaw dropped.

"What? Why? How you know?" I asked.

"My P.O called me. Apparently the judge said there's some shit on my case that I still gotta deal with the consequences with so." Day Day said and I sighed.

"How long will you be gone?" I asked.

"Just a few months.." He said. I can tell he was fucked up.

"Day Day.. Look this will all be over and done with soon." I said.

"Yeah I know. Man I was just tryna do right, make money to provide for me and my family." He said.

"Yeah I feel you.. Corey can you take Day Day to the living room?" I asked.

"Yeah I got you" Corey said grabbing Cordell from my lap and walking inside.

"Day Day.. Pick yo chin up" I said.

He sighed shaking his head.

"I know it hurts. Aight? But you have a son. And he needs you to be strong, through all this shit. I need you to know we gone be here okay? If you go back to jail, I'll still bring Cordell to see you and allat. I promise." I said.

"Thank you Kay. I appreciate it.. I just made a lot of bad decisions so I lost everything. I lost my place, I lost bread, I lost you.." He said and I sighed.

I was hoping he wasn't gone mention me but he did.

"If you go back inside let me know, me and Cordell will ride with you there. Okay?" I said.

"Aight. I know after I do this time, I'll be out for good. That's the good part. It won't be over my head anymore" Day Day said.

"Yeah that's the bright side. It's gone be aight" I said.

"Thanks Kay." He said.