Chapter 6

Roddy POV

I was counting up my money, I'm almost at enough to get the car I want.

Because asking Kaylan for rides here and there ain't coo, and it don't make me feel like a man.

My phone buzzed and I checked it seeing it was one of my regular customers, Keith. And my main homie Malcom texted in.

Keith: You got indica on you?

Me: Yea, meet me by the liquor store in ten minutes

Keith: Ok

Then I checked Malcom's text. He been in Vegas all this time, I gotta get him caught up.

Malcom: I just touched down back in Compton, wya?

Me: Headed to the liquor store nigga meet me there

Malcom: Say less

-

Kaylan POV

"One alize a day" I mumbled to myself, pulling up to the liquor store.

I might see Roddy here since he sells around here. I smiled to myself. I enjoy his company.

I got out the car and walked inside, seeing Selita at the register.

"Wassup Selita" I said.

"Wassup Kaylan. Alize?" She asked already knowing what I wanted.

"You already know" I said chuckling.

"How you been girl?" She asked me.

"I'm coo. How's the baby?" I asked her. She been gone from working for a while because she just had a baby girl not too long ago.

"She's so bad." Selita said laughing as I handed her $40.

"Aren't they all?" I said chuckling.

Just then Roddy walked inside the liquor store and seen me and smiled. I smiled too.

"Wassup Kaylan" He said walking past me.

"Hey" I said back a lil shy. I don't even know why.

"Was good Selita" He said.

"Roddy." She said back chuckling.

"Girl you feeling him?" Selita asked me quietly.

"What? Why you ask me that?" I asked.

"How shy you just got when he walked up in here. I ain't seen you blush in a minute" Selita said and I chuckled.

"He's a friend." I said.

"You better keep it that way. This nigga talks to hella females." Selita said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Mhm. You ain't the only one, trust me." She said shaking her head.

I sighed a little, I typically don't listen to what others tell me though, I'd rather see for myself but I do be on the look out though.

"Thanks for the heads up" I said to her.

"Girl I got you." Selita said as he walked up to the register.

"What y'all over here whispering about?" Roddy asked.

"Boy mind your business." I said laughing.

"Don't be showing off and shit" Roddy said winking at me and I blushed yet again.

Roddy was buying all these snacks, then he asked "Can I get a bottle of Henny please?"

"Mhm" Selita said grabbing the Hennessy bottle.