Chapter 31

Roddy POV

"Wassup Malcom" I said as I walked inside of his house, and we did our handshake.

"Wassup, what you been on?" Malcom asked as we sat down on the couch.

"I just been kickin it wit my girl" I said.

"I see, my boy in love" He said and we both laughed a little.

"That's my baby fasho" I said.

"I've been kickin it wit mine too, been down for a minute" He said.

"Babe!" His girl said from upstairs then she walked down.

"Oh speaking of.." He said chuckling. "What's wrong baby?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just wanted to let you know that I'm heading to In and Out burger. You want anything?" She asked.

"Yeah get my usual for me?" He said.

"I got you" She said.

"Oh, Caresha this my best friend Roddy. Roddy this my girl Caresha" He said.

"How you doing" I said to her.

"I'm good! Nice to meet you" She said.

"You too" I said back.

"Roddy got a girl too. Y'all gotta meet" Malcom said.

"Yeah I agree" I said. "I can tell y'all would click" I added.

"What's her name?" Caresha asked.

"Kaylan." I said.

"Kaylan???! Kaylan Johnson?" Caresha asked.

"Yeah... You know her?" I asked.

"She got a lil boy named Cordell?" She said.

"Yep that's her" I said chuckling.

"You know her baby?" Malcom asked her.

"We were like best friends in high school! But once I moved we lost contact but she knows I'm back now. We ran into each other not too long ago, wow! Aww I can't wait to see her" Caresha said with a smile.

"Damn that's crazy, it's a small ass world. Yeah reach out to her, shit she need a real friend anyway." I said.

"Yes I miss her. She was always down for me" Caresha said.

"Anyways, nice meeting you again! I'll be right back baby" She said to Malcom.

"Aight be safe" He said giving her a kiss as she walked out the door.

"Damn that's crazy, yo girl is best friends with mine" I said chuckling. "And we best friends" I added.

"Small ass world" Malcom said.

"So she's the one you've been telling me about for a while?" I asked.

"Yeah I just been on the low with my shit, you feel me?" He said.

"Best way to be" I said.

"Now wassup? You said you gotta talk to me about something" Malcom said.

"Yeah.. See I ain't tryna sell drugs no more man. But me being in and out of jail, it's hard for me to find work. Don't nobody wanna give a felon a second chance." I said sighing.

"Oh yeah man I understand.." He said.

"I was gone ask if you think you could vouch for me at your job?" I asked. Malcom works at Fed ex and gets paid big bread for that shit.

"Yeah I can see.. But they strict about that policy though bro" Malcom said and I sighed.

"But you understand me more than anybody man. You know I ain't set up that way. I was just a young nigga tryna make it, made some bad decisions but that shit is behind me. I don't wanna sell dope no more. I'm out here tryna live my life right, with my girl and my son." I said.