Chapter 41

Kaylan POV

"Wassup mama" I said as Roddy let her in the house with Cordell, then he went upstairs so we could be alone and my mom sat on the couch next to me. She sat Cordell on her lap.

"Hey.. How you feeling?" She asked.

"Getting better everyday" I said kissing Cordell's forehead.

"That's good. When will you be out the cast and crutches?" She asked.

"In bout a month, then I can get back to grinding" I said. My mama don't know that I've been doing music, once me and Caresha drop Pussy Talk tomorrow, she'll know.

"I heard that. That accident... Was a wake up call for me baby. I already lost one daughter, I don't wanna lose you." She said, I sighed.

"I know mama" I said.

"So can we just try to push past our problems and make it better?" My mom asked.

"Of course I'm willing to." I said and she smiled.

"Really?" She said.

"Yeah. You're my mom" I said.

"That means a lot that you're willing to.. And also, I really really wanna run something by you." She said.

"What?" I asked.

"I've been seeing someone and-"

"I know, you told me." I said.

"But I want you to meet him." My mom said.

"Mom... You've been very adamant about me meeting this nigga you're with.. You must really like him" I said.

"I do.. He's not a fuck and duck for me.. He's different Kay. For real." She said.

"What makes him different?" I asked.

"He understands me, and he accepts my flaws. The other night, we talked for hours and hours Kay.. We didn't even end up having sex. I just have a connection with him, the last time I felt that way.. Was with your dad." She said. I looked at her and could tell she was serious.

"You're serious.." I said in disbelief.

"I am" She said smiling. I ain't seen my mama really smile like this in so long.

"Well.. If you're for real, I guess I'd.. I'd love to meet the man who got you happy like this" I said.

"Yes! I always brag about you. How smart you are and what a good mother you are to my grandson. You're a way better mother than I ever was" She said.

"Don't say that mama" I said.

"Nah.. It's true Kay." She said. We just looked at each other, then I looked at Cordell and he held his arms out for me and I picked him up.

"My baby" I said giving him a kiss.

"Well.. I came to drop Cordell off and check up on you. I'm glad you're doing so much better. I love you" She said.

I took a deep breath and looked at her for a second.

"I uh, I love you too mama" I said. She smiled giving me and Cordell a hug.

"I'll see you later" My mom said.

"Aight mama, be safe" I said.

"I will. I'm about to go visit Lynn." She said and I rose my eyebrows. She's willingly going to see her, and facing her problems head on.

"Really?" I said.

"Yep. Bringing her some new flowers" She said.

"Oh.. Okay" I said, still in disbelief. Then she walked towards the door and I said "Mom.."