t w e n t y - f o u r

Before we all knew it Christmas was around the corner. Which meant we got to go home for two weeks. Which meant two weeks with the Weasley clan and my father and two weeks away from having to worry about tests, quizzes, or assignments. Which was a breath of fresh air if I am being honest. The only class I was enjoying right now was my Art class and not just because George was in that class with me. Becasue it was relaxing and Geroge always knew how to make me giggle during class. Which I think upset our professor more than the other students.

Other than class, I felt like I was getting better. I think it helped that I had told George what happened. It felt nice to have someone else in my corner who believed me and was always there to help me.

For a few nights, I dealt with nightmares. Waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air and dripping in sweat. leading me to the boy's dormitory to see if George was awake and up for a talk. Most nights he was passed out so I would just climb into his bed and lay there. After a while, he started to wake up to the sound of the door opening and he would welcome me to his bed with an open arm. Wrapping them around me. Making me feel safe and protected. 

***

It had already been a strange day that turned into an even stranger night. Marie and I were woken up by a loud commotion coming from the boy's dormitory. The two of us walking out to see Hermione and Ginny awake as well as we watched Ron emerge with Harry who was soaked in his own sweat. The four of us standing there shocked as they ran out not saying a word. As we stood around questioning what had happened, Fred and George emerged from the door. Both of them looking tired. Wondering if they had a late night of producing more products for their Skiving Snackboxes. Which were actually selling pretty well with the ban of all their products.

"What happened?" George asked groggily as Fred yawned. 

"We have no clue," Hermione said as George made his way over towards me. Wrapping his arms over my shoulders as he rested his chin on my head as I placed my hands on his forearms and resting into his figure as I looked over towards Ginny and Hermione who gave each other a weird look as Marie sent me a wink.

Over the past few weeks, George and I were practically inseparable. We did everything together. He walked me to classes and to meals. He sat in the library with Marie and I as we did our assignment and studied. He made the darkest days even brighter with his stupid jokes. I swear in the past few weeks mmy stomach as never hurt this much from laughing.

"I am sure it is nothing too serious," Fred groaned as he leaned up against the post. 

"I've never seen Harry like that. I think something bad happened," Ginny said as she wrapped her arms around herself. 

"I think you've seen all sides to Harry. You watch him like a hawk stalking their prey," George giggled from above. 

"Be nice to your sister," I mumbled as we heard the common room door open. All of us turned around to see Professor McGonagall standing in the common room area looking up at us.

"Ginny, George, Fred come with me," She said as I think we all felt our hearts sink. Then she looked at me, "Daisy, Hermione, and Marie return to your rooms at once." 

Ginny and Fred didn't hesitate as they flew down the stairs. George gently let go of me as I watched him go after his sibling. The three of us watched as they left with Professor McGonagall. That night Marie, Hermione, and I didn't go back to sleep. Instead, we made our way down to the common area and sat down waiting for them to return but they never did. In the morning when the sun broke through the curtains we went up to their rooms to see that their things were gone. In Hermione's room was a note from all of them.