t h i r t y

That same night I couldn't sleep. The words that Bryce had spoke were haunting me and echoing in my mind. Every time I closed my I saw him. Not only standing in front of me defeating me with his words, but also when I turned my head as I thought George was next to me in my dreams. 

It was him. He was consuming me again. Taking over. 

I pushed myself up in my bed and sat up straighter. I ran my fingers through my long locks as I stared into the darkness of my dorm room. Hearing the gushing wind blow outside around Hogwarts as a storm was approaching. Off in the distance, you could hear the rumbling sounds of thunder ready to tower over all of us, to disturb the peacefully sleeping students. I looked over at my clock and noticed that it was already half past 1 in the morning. I left out a heavy sigh as I knocked my head against my headboard.

If I wasn't going to be able to sleep now, I wouldn't be able to sleep ever. I threw the covers off my legs and sat there for a moment on the edge of my bed. I grabbed a blanket off my bed and made my way to the common area. I closed the door behind me gently as I didn't want to wake up Marie or one of the other girls. 

Wrapping my blanket tightly around me as I walked down the steps into the main area. As I reached the last few steps my senses were overloaded with the sounds of the fireplace popping while a small soft voice was humming along to a familiar tune. I looked up from the cold hardwood floor to see my favorite redheaded boy sitting on the couch. I couldn't help but smile as I walked over towards him. His humming stopped as he looked over the back of the couch and saw me making my way over to him.

"What are you doing up?" He asked. 

"I couldn't sleep," I said as I sat down on the couch.

"That's not like you. Come here," He said as he patted the spot next to him. I moved closer to him as he wrapped his arm around me. Resting my head on his shoulder as I looked towards the fire.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he gently ran his hand up and down my arm.

"It's just earlier today," I said before I let out a heavy sigh.

"Talk to me," He said as he shifted in his seat. Sitting up straighter as I lifted my head off his shoulder, "What is going on in that mind of yours?" 

"I've tried to shake it off but his stupid words are getting to me. I hate it."

"It's okay," George said as he held me a little closer, "His words don't mean anything. He was out of line. Way out of line. I'm glad you held me back or else I would have kicked his ass again."

"That doesn't mean anything if he keeps getting into my mind. His words make me question everything and I don't want to do that. I want to completely move forward and how can I do that when I know that even when I am with you, he is going to defile me even more with his words."

"Daisy you are stronger than you think. Don't let it get to your head. You will move completely forward you are still taking your time. If this is a set back then it is. I will still be here for you."

"But I shouldn't have to make you wait for me. You could have anyone you want and I am just being selfish by not letting you live your life, George," I said as I sat up.

"I don't care. I will wait for years for you, Daisy. I will wait for as long as it takes you to feel ready. And you are not being selfish with me. You know what you want."

"And what if you don't want me in the end, by the time I am ready?"

"Are you crazy? How could I not want you?" He stated as he had now turned to me, "Daisy, I have wanted to be with you since my 2nd year. Since the first time, we took you shopping for your school books. When we accidentally made you faint. When you pulled your first prank at Hogwarts on Percy. The one and only game of Quidditch you played in. It has always been you and for years, I have turned down girl after girl just waiting for you."

"I'm scared," I whispered as I buried my head in my hands as I hid my tears.

"Of what?" George asked softly.

"Of this. What we are doing or trying to do. I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to hurt myself. I don't want to feel the way I felt with him. You make me happy and nervous and scared all at the same time. Happy because you are with me and you understand me. Nervous because I don't deserve the attention I am getting from you. When you do pay attention to me I get shaky like a small school girl all over again. Scared because I am scared to give myself to someone again. But all I want is you. I want every piece of you. I want you, George. I just don't want to lose control," I said as I looked up at him.

George placed his fingers underneath my chin and brought me closer to him. Then as if destiny called out our names George pressed his lips to mine. Soft at first as we mended together.

His fingers sliding up from my chin and cupping my cheek as our lips moved together in unison. Sparks shooting through my body as I let go of the blanket I had wrapped around my body. Reaching my hands out towards his chest. Letting my fingers feel the soft fabric of his shirt as I gripped it between my fingers. His free arm snaking around my body as he pulled me closer to him. 

Taking control over him as I pushed him back on the couch and swung my legs on either side of him. Running my hands up his chest and entangling my fingers in his fiery red hair. His hand sliding all the way around my waist as he pulled me closer to him. Letting our chest press against each other as our mouths hungry fought for each other. George leaning up into the kiss as he held me closer than he ever has before.

I wanted him.

I didn't want anyone else.

It's been him since day one. 

I couldn't hold back any longer and make him wait. 

I wanted to walk around in public with him holding my hand, kissing my cheeks, and making me forget everything about Bryce. Erase him from my memory. Obliviate the touch of him, the thought of him, and the feeling of him. 

I wanted George, forever.

I felt our movement slow down as I placed my hands on his cheeks. Letting us pull away from each other. My fingers drawing over his face as the light that came off the fire was bright enough for me to see everything I wanted to. My eyes darting all over his face as I ran my hands down towards his chest. 

"You will never lose control," He whispered as he pressed his forehead to mine, "Never."