t w e n t y - s i x

2 days later we were decorating Grimmauld for Christmas. One of my favorite holidays to celebrate. I woke up early in the morning to begin decorating. I climbed all the way up to the attic to grab the tree and boxes of decorations to spruce up the place. As I moved the boxes closer to the attic door I saw two redheads pop up.

"Do you realize what time it is?" Fred exclaimed as I stood up straighter and brushed the dust off my hands.

"I do," I sassed as I looked at him with his bed head.

"Then keep it down. Some of us are trying to sleep," He said.

"Sorry, Freddie. No can do. It decorating time," I cheered.

"You are bloody ridiculous," Fred sighed, "I am going back to bed. You coming, George?" As he disappeared around the corner.

"I am going to help Daisy," He said as he looked out the door.

"Suit yourself," Fred shouted, "Sleep here I come!" Leaving George and I giggling as we heard him take off down the stairs.

"So," George said as he entered the room and made his way over towards me, "What can I help you with?" As I climbed up the ladder and reached for another box to pull down. Feeling the ladder shake beneath me.

"Can you put this box over there with the others, please," I grunted and I pulled the box out and turned around to hand it off to George. He took it out of my grasp as I climbed down after him. Following him as he set it down. Once he was out of the way I opened the box and pulled out the tree topper.

A beautiful golden star that sparkled in the right lighting.

"What is that?" George asked.

"The tree topper," I said as I held it gently in my hands, "It was my mother's. Passed down from her mother. Its been in her family for years and it was always given to the first daughter born. She never got the chance to pass it down to me and I never got to hear all the stories." I teared up thinking about her, wishing she was here to witness everything so she, Sirius, and her mother could be one big family. I felt Georges's hand on my back as I starred at the star in my hand.

"I am sorry Daisy. I am sure she is here in spirit. Those we have lost that we love never leave us."

"I know she here with us somewhere. It just hurts that I never really got to know her. I am sure she was amazing and all the stories I hear about her just make me wish I could go back in time to see what she was really like."

"She had to have been a trooper to deal with your father and his friends," George joked.

"Right? I can barely keep up with just Remus and my father. They must have driven everyone crazy," I said as I looked up at him, "Anyways we should probably take all this stuff down and get going. We have so much to do today."

"And it sounds like you are going to need a lot of help," He said as I place my mother's tree topper back in its box.

"Yes," I laughed as George grabbed a few boxes and made his way down. I followed behind as I held the last of the boxes in my hands and we made our way to the living room area. Once I had all the boxes laid out we got started. After a few hours Ginny, Harry, and Ron woke up and helped us all out as Sirius, Remus, and Tonks later joined in. Fred was the last to wake up as Sirius had laid out breakfast. He can't beat Molly's breakfast but it will do.

After breakfast, everyone went to the living room and we put the tree up. The Weasleys all sitting on the couch as they watched us all decorate the tree. George sitting in one of the armchairs as he still read the story he had started on the train.