n i n e

After the whole debacle in the common room area about everyone believes or not believing Harry about Voldemort being back. I went up to my room to change into my pajamas. Grabbing another book and then heading down to the common room again. Stuffed my book was my class schedule for this year. I don't turn 17 for three and a half months I won't get to learn how to apparate until my 7th year. Luckily for the Twins, they were able to learn last year right before school ended. Meanwhile, I have to wait until next term, after the holiday break.

The classes I had this year were Potions, Herbology, Divination, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Arithmancy, Choir, Transfiguration, Care for Magical Creatures, and Art, even though I was terrible at it. I knew this year was going to be busier than ever and I didn't even have to study for the O.W.Ls. The only thing that I was upset about was not being able to learn how to apparate. While the twins were becoming pros at it. I hated it. I wanted to learn so bad and I would have to wait a few more months until I was allowed to sign up for a class.

I set my paper down in my lap as I heard the stairs behind me creak. I turned my head to see Marie coming down the stairs. She was wearing a little blue sunflower dress. Holding a pair of heels in her hand.

"Where do you think you are going?" I pestered her as she came around the edge of the couch.

"Tommy is taking me for a little date," She beamed as she leaned on the edge of the couch slipping her shoes on and buckling the straps.

"Well, have fun and don't be out too late. I want you back here before midnight so you can tell me all about it,"

"You got it, mom!" She giggled before she walked out the door. I let a smile grow on my face knowing that she was happy and with a boy that respects her and her choices.

She had some trouble earlier year with a Slytherin boy who was a bit pushy, in nice terms. Since then she has been okay. I mean she broke up with him a long time ago, but now we don't have to worry about him because he graduated last year.

I cracked my book back open and let out a small sigh as I heard the door close. Diving into a familiar story I had read many times before.

"What are you sighing about?" George asked as he plopped down next to me on the couch. Making me jump a little as he came out of nowhere.

"I thought you couldn't apparate inside Hogwarts?" I asked as he looked over at me.

"We can't. I just came down here from getting changed," He said as I noticed that he was in his quidditch sweater and the grey sweatpants I got him. As I was admiring him George reach over and took my schedule out of my lap and took a look at it.

"You are packed full," He stated as he studied my schedule intensely.

"I know, but I don't mind," I said as I rested my head on the shoulder of the couch watching him intensely.

"Since when have you been into Art?" He questioned as he gave me the side eye.

"Never," I scoffed, "I am just taking it for fun."

"Is that why you are taking Choir as well?"

"For your information, I have been taking Choir since my 2nd year. My mother was in the choir while she was here. That's one of the reasons why my father fell in love with her," I protested towards him, as he smiled. Knowing that he was just teasing me

"I guess I do learn something new about you every day."

"I am full of surprises Weasley. You just never know what trick I have rolled up my sleeve," I flirted as I sent him a quick wink.

"I know, that is what I like about you, Black. You always keep me on my toes."

I felt my cheeks grow warm. I knew they were turning red as I looked down into my lap.

Me, keeping George on his toes. Yeah right.

"Anyways, what classes do you and Freddie have this year?" I asked as I snatched my schedule back from him. Shoving it in the back of my book. George sat back on the couch.

"Let's see," He said as he laid his arm on the back of the couch, "we have Charms, Potions, Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Art, and Transfiguration." His finger reaching out as they brushed against my shoulder. Send pins and needles down my spine as I looked at him.

"That's it! That is all you two have this year!" I exclaimed as I closed my book and set it in my lap. Loosing Georges touch as I did so.

"Jealous are we?" He teased, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Not at all. Just waiting for when you are going to need my help with classes," I joke with him. Neither of us saying anything as he beamed a bright smile towards me.

"I see you are starting a new book," George said.

"Oh, this old thing?" I said as I looked down at my lap, "I've read this at least six times now. This is my de-stressing book."

"What could you possibly be stressing out about? Classes haven't even started yet," George said as he sounded concerned. Running his opposite hand down his thigh as he straighten out the fabric. My mind wandering as he did so.

"You would be surprised, Weasley," I joked with him hoping that he wouldn't ask any questions.

"You know you can talk to me, anytime, anywhere," He said calmly as he placed his hand on my knee cap. My eyes following where his hand was resting.

"Thanks, Georgie," I said as I looked back up to him, giving him a soft smile, "That means a lot."

"Anything for my best girl."

"Oh, I am your best girl now," I stated excitingly as I perked up in my seat.

"Of course you are," He said as he removed his hand from my knee, "Now I overheard that there is some extra cake leftover in the kitchen from the feast. Do you want to come with me?" As he stood up from his seat on the couch.

"I thought you would never ask," I giggled as I set my book down on the coffee table in the common room and then followed him out the doors.