f o r t y - f i v e

It had been eight whole days since I told George about my nightmares. After a lot of convincing, I finally got the both of them to stop wearing themselves out by sitting in that office every night. They were both so worn out and tired that when people came into the shop they didn't have the same energy as they usually did. Plus I managed to get them to close the shop for one whole day. While they slept I took care of the shop.

Meanwhile, as they slept I took care of the Owl orders and any other needs of the shop. I was running around like a mad man. Packaging orders, and sending out owl letter for those to come to retrieve what they had ordered. Then write down each product the boys would need to make more of once they felt well-rested. 

As I was cleaning up their office and making it more organized for the both of them to work in I found a letter addressed to George in my fathers' handwriting. It was written from a while ago when we were still at Hogwarts.

George,

I wanted to send you a letter personal, thanking you for all you have done for my Daisy. She needed you and you came to her aid. It reminded me of the time I had to be there for her mother when she passed. You see, I don't talk about Daisy's mother a lot but she was the light of my life. She gave me Daisy in the darkest time of my life and being a father finally made me realize that there was good in this world again. 

About Daisy's mom, I was at her side until she took her last breath. She promised me to make sure Daisy found the perfect guy for her. I see it now in you. You are the light in her life. You have made her stronger. You have made her laugh so much and her smile has grown brighter. 

I do want you to promise to be by her side no matter what she goes through and I know she will be there for you, always. I do fear that something in the future is coming. I fear that I might not be able to watch my daughter grow into the woman she is becoming before the both of us. This is why I am writing this to you now. 

No matter what I want you to always be there for her. Whether that is as a friend,  a boyfriend, or a life-partner. While I do hope it is as a life-partner. But she will always be there for you. I. saw it when your father was at St. Mungos. She came into my office every 5 minutes asking for an update. Asking about you. She has the biggest heart and cares for you dearly. 

So when the time comes if you two are together and if I am not here on earth for you to ask me personally. You have my blessing. Treat her right. Don't make me come down to haunt you and kick your ass, Weasley. Protect her and she will protect you. Just don't let her go. She loves you with all her heart, she would do anything for you. Thank you, George Weasley. You're a good man. I can't wait to see what the future holds for the both of you.

-Sirius Black

I didn't even know how to feel or what to think. Other than that, my father was looking out for me as he always did. I couldn't help but let a smile grow over my face. 

"You dog," I giggled, folding the letter back up and placing it where George stored it. Making sure it was in the right spot. Pushing myself up off the floor, straightening out my shirt as I went to leave the office. Looking at the clock towards the front of the store seeing that it was around dinner time. I wasn't feeling like cooking tonight. Maybe if I stayed down here long enough the boys would just forget about dinner. But then they are still growing boys, men almost, who needed to eat. 

So I slowly made the trek up the stairs. Stretching my neck out as I placed one foot in front of the other. I guess they were right. Packaging orders all day was tiring and a lot of work. I grabbed the handle gently and pushing the door open. To my surprise there they were, standing in the kitchen, cooking away. I swung the door behind me as I pressed it closed with my back and smiled as they had not noticed I came in over the sounds of their bickering. I quietly kicked my shoes off and walked over towards the two of them. George's eyes quickly looking up towards me.