f i f t y - s e v e n

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ : Readers discretion advised. This chapter includes sexual content that may not be suitable for those under the age of 17. 

The next morning George and I were off to the cottage to stay with Fleur and Bill for a few days. The first thing we did when we got there was head for the beach. Bill and Fleur happened to be out when we arrived so the both of us dropped our bags inside before I pulled him out towards the beach.

"Daisy, what are you doing?" He asked as I walked in front of him. 

"We are going for a swim," I giggled as we continued to walk further out on to the sand. I quickly kicked my shoes off. George standing next to me as he did so as well. 

"Race you," I said as I took off.

"Oh, you are so going to get it Black!" He shouted as I turned my head to see him coming after me. Giggling the whole way until my feet hit the water. Feeling George grab my waist as he threw me over his shoulder and walked out deeper. 

"George," I said as I lightly hit his back, "No." But he kept going. I pushed myself up on his shoulders so my face wasn't being hit with saltwater. Until he finally set me down. I quickly bopped up and down as I couldn't touch anywhere. I grabbed George's forearms and pulled my self up while George laughed at me. Swimming away from him as I splashed him with water but he swiftly grabbed my ankle and pull me back towards him. He wrapped my legs around his waist and he brought me closer.  Slipping his arms around my waist as the water bopped us up and down. 

Without thinking I grabbed his face and smashed my lips to his. Instantly pulling me closer as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Our lips moving in sync and hungry for each other as we had only shared small kisses here and there since I came back from the Manor. I ran my fingers through his hair as I twisted what was left of it in my fingers as George's hands roamed my body. Slipping under my shirt as touching every part of me as we hadn't been this intimate in almost a year. George's tongue sliding along my bottom lip as I left him in. Our noses smashed bother as we forgot how to breathe. Breathing each other in instead. Feeling the weight of tide pulling us out further as we stayed afloat. Holding onto each other for dear life as if we thought the tide would pull us apart. Still gripping to each other. Closing the space between up as our wet bodies pressed against each other. Drowning out the noise. No long listening to the seagulls above or the waves and slammed into our bodies. It was just the silence of the two of us being one again. 

After a few moments, George and I pulled away from each other. Pressing our foreheads together as our breathing became regulated. Our bodies still bopping up and down and we laughed. Finally swimming back to shore. As soon as our feet were on solid ground I fell to the sand. Laying there and looking up at the sky. Watching as the clouds rolled by.  George soon joining me as I took his hand in mine.

"Does it get easier?" George asked after a while.

"After a while," I breathed as I played with his fingers, "But it is still going to hurt when you think of it. The pain of losing Fred will come and go but his memories and who he was will never fade."

We laid there in silence again.

"It's not fair."

"It never is."

"I wish it was me they took," He spoke. I sat up and looked at him.

"George don't say that," I hushed as he turned his head to look at me.

"It's true," He stated as he looked back at the sky.

"Why?"

"Because he was so much better than I was. He knew what he was doing. Meanwhile, I don't know what I am doing."