f o r t y - t w o

Marie and I got ready for another trip to Hogsmead. I didn't want to go, I would rather much stay in the dorm alone while everyone was gone. But for some reason, Marie was really persistent about getting me down to Hogsmead, as were Hermione and Ginny. So I rolled out of bed and threw on some clothing. I brushed through my hair to look presentable before I grabbed my jacket and slipped on my shoes. 

The walk down to the town was quiet. Marie, Ginny, and Hermione were all talking to themselves as I staggered behind a little as Ron and Harry followed behind me. Everyone was being oddly quiet but it didn't both me much as we walked into Three Broomsticks Inn and all grabbed a drink. Ginny heading off to meet with Dean while I sat down with Marie and the golden trio. While the drink in front of me stayed full I knew that they all had their eyes on me. 

"You okay Daisy?" Hermione asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired that's all," I lied as I looked at the four of them, "I think I am going to head back to my dorm." As I stood up from my chair.

"Let me walk you back," Ron said as he stood up with me. Following me our the door as we walked back towards the castle. 

"Thanks, Ronnie," I said.

"No problem, I don't think George would want you to walk back alone,"

"No, he wouldn't," I heard a familiar voice say as I stopped in my tracks. I turned around and saw George standing behind us. 

"George!" I exclaimed as I ran over towards him. His arm opened wide as I crashed into his chest. Wrapping them around me. Snaking my arms around his torso and holding him tight as I did want to let go. Georges's hands placed on my shoulders as he pulled me away. My head tilted up to look at him as a smile big enough to make me forget all my worries appeared on his face.

"Are you crazy?" I giggled, searching his deep brown eyes, "What are you doing here?" 

"Ron wrote to me a few days ago and asked for me to come and surprise you. He said that you were feeling a little down and needed some cheering up," He commented as he ran his hands down to connect with mine, "So I thought a visit from me would do the charm." 

I turned my head back to look at Ron who now had his hands shoved in his pockets as he kicked the snow around at his feet. 

"Thank you, Ron," I grinned as he looked up towards the two of us.

"No problem," He stammered, "I should get back to everyone." 

Both of us watching as Ron returned back to Three Broomsticks in before I turned my attention back to George. But before I could even get another look at him he pulled me off towards Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. Immediately welcomed by the warmth her shop was radiating as George led me to a little booth in the back. Passing a few other couples who had chosen to have a little date here in Hogsmead. George stepping back as he let me slid into the booth first. Giggling like a silly school girl as I did so. I watched as George sat down and moved over closer towards me as I had taken my hat off and was now unzipping my jacket. 

His hands grabbing my knees as he swung them over his legs and pulled me closer. Slipping an arm around my back and pressing me into his as he brought his lips to mine. Moving slowly and tenderly as I placed my hands on his chest. With his other hand, he slid it up my thigh inches closer to my hips. My hand quickly grabbing his wrist as I stopped him from going any further and pulled away from our embrace.

"Hi," I whispered as Madam Puddifoot walked around the shop, stopping in front of us.

"George Weasley, I wondered when the day would be when I would actually get you in here with a girl,"  She teased him as I swung my legs off his lap and turned to face Madam Puddifoot. George's hand still on my thigh as he squeezed it tightly.