Chapter 32: Nothing in the world is by coincidence

Start from the beginning

"You made a big mistake. And that is when your paymaster killed Lex's brother. I'm not the one you should be worried about," Trevor snarled.

The team leader motioned for one of his shooters to move quickly behind the desk where Trevor was. But before he could,

Trevor withdrew his Gerber Guardian blade from his stealth and lunged out at the shooter stabbing in the heart.

Gunfire blanketed the room as bullets riddled the wall with holes. Trevor fired three shots at the agents as they dropped to the ground. Everything was coming clear for him it madeperfect sense that the Resistance probably dispatched Courtneyto penetrate Aegis Security and Investigation when David was doing security consulting for them.

"That's where you're wrong you won't be leaving here alive. I can promise you. My agents are ordered to shoot to kill on sight and they never miss," The team leader scowled.

Trevor sprinted from the desk, he had used for cover, dashing for the door as he fired some more shots at the agents. He could see the door straight ahead and wondered if he could make it. It was only chance of escape, he had to risk it. Getting caught was not an option for him.

But before he could reach one of the agents delivered a kidney strike punch, knocking him unconscious for a while. The team leader gestured with hand for the agents to pick up him as they exited the room, ventured down the staircase and out through the front doors where the van was parked.

The agents swiftly grabbed the back door of the van as they tossed Trevor Lamont into and climbed. The team leader closed the door behind them. They sped out of the parking lot and down the narrow streets.

Trevor slowly awoke, finding himself laying on the ground with an agent holding an MP5 submachine gun against him. It felt like he was hit by a brick wall that he had seen coming at him. There was nothing he could do now, just wait and see who this paymaster was.

After a while of driving, they finally arrived at an abandoned warehouse. The van quickly drove through the security gate as the gunmen opened the gate. They drove up and parked outside it. The team leader jumped out and grabbed the back door of the van as the agents hauled Trevor out of the van.

They stride over to the front door of the warehouse, the team leader opens the door while The agents' lead Trevor into a massive abandoned warehouse room where there is a chair and large screen attached to the wall inside the warehouse.

"Sit down or I'll make you sit down," The agent shouts pointing to the chair with the MPS submachine gun in his grip.

He sat down in the chair as he carefully took in everything that he saw how the agents move to figure out what he couldNext. He figured that this warehouse probably belonged to the Resistance that would explain that gunmen outside the gate.

All of sudden a dark figure appeared on the massive screen with a digitized voice.

"Mr. Lamont, I know that your not a security consultant for Aegis, and that you are indeed agent for the CIA,"

"I know that your arms dealer and probably behind the Resistance," Trevor snapped in an angry tone.

"I'm just a middleman who works for everybody, including the CIA. Yes, I sell arms to rogue countries but only because your government wanted intel on them," The arms dealer/ hacker remarked in a harsh tone.

"I find that hard to believe and I know that you killed Lex's brother," Trevor snarled.

"It was one of your own people at the CIA, I believe it was Martin Ray who created the Resistance. You see, David was just a loose end, his book would have ruined my arms deals I couldn't have that," the arms dealer/hacker replied.

What struck Trevor though was that this mysterious arms dealer had somehow been pulling the strings behind the scenes. As an agent who he had done very dicey and dangerous assignments, but this was most dangerous. It was so simple he was just supposed to watch David,that was it.

He jolted upright from the chair, balled his fist and delivered a blow to the agent holding a submachine at. He snatched up selected automatic fire as he opened fire on the agents.

Trevor sprinted for the door with MP5 in his hand. It was do or die now. If he could make out to the van and hot-wire with the skills he has. Just maybe he could get to the American Embassy to send Code Alpha Bravo Omega to Langley. Glancing sideways, he saw the agents rushing out with their MP5 submachine guns clutch in grip.

He burst through the door as bullets flew in the air, hitting the pavement near the target. The Van was straight away and he could see it. Running flat out, he fired some more rounds at the agents.

The team leader's temper sparked, and his eyes burned...with fire in them. His jaw clenched as he turned crimson, a vein popped out in his neck.

"He must not make it to the American embassy. Understand I want him dead."

The agents nodded in agreement.

The gunman on the back of the motorbike opened fire. bullets riddled the van with holes.

Trevor knew he could see the American embassy ahead. He drove the van into the security gate outside the embassy as the marine guard rushed over to the fence with Steyr AUG clutched in his grip.

"This United States embassy, please slow down or stop now," The Marine guard shouted.

Trevor jumped out of the van as it crashed into the fence. His eyes darted back and forth, seeing the gunman training his MP5 on him. The gunman fired a round into his head.

"Alpha Bravo Omega," Trevor repeated in his dying words.

The Marine guard knew that code well, it meant agent down and compromised. He sprinted into the glass front doors of the embassy and hurried up the staircase to the third floor where the CIA Station chief office was located. He knocked on the door.

The Station chief gestured with his hand for the marine guard to come and saw his expression o his face. He knew it was something very serious.

"Alpha Bravo Omega code,"The marine guard stated.

The Station chief swiftly typed in the code on the screen on his computer. Three minutes later a name appeared on the screen.

Classified

Name: Trevor Lamont

Operational status: Agent for the CIA Cover security consultant for Aegis.