Chapter 16:Always keep your friends close but your enemies closer

Washington, Dc

Director Hamilton Pov

Director Hamilton rose from, where she sitting pacing back forth trying to figure what to do, She couldn't risk this Operation has been compromised. Or blown because of one her best agents wanted to get revenge for his brother's death. Not when it was this close and it all depended on what; Nidika found out at the Orphan home. She knew how dangerous and powerful Ruyan was, after all, she saw what she was capable of doing.

She walked back into the Kitchen, placing her shot glass on the counter. She still no idea what the Resistance was really up to, only that a freelance assassin named Azalea Elizabeth Grey was indeed working for them. 

She had known about the shooting range, of course, years ago she had employed Triple-A7 asset for the CIA knowing that intel she would gain from him selling arms to terrorists or even rogue regimes would help what they were up to.

But eventually, He had double-crossed the CIA and had started this so-called Resistance and Russtech Ammunition. She reached into her pocket inside her and pulled her burner. She pressed in a ten-digit number on the burner holding it up to her ear.

Nidika Pov

Nidika burner buzzed in her pocket and she reached in she pulled out and clicked on the accept button holding it up to ear before she spoke.

"Nidika, what did you find out, from the Orphan home," Director Hamilton questioned.

" It was abandoned, but I found the file on Azalea but before I could grab it I was almost killed by another assassin wearing a black balaclava," Nidika said looking around to see in which direction the assassin had gone.

" We must be getting close to something if they tried to you again, I have a feeling that you're going to meeting Lex soon

I think he is on his way to St Petersburg," Director Hamilton remarked.

"Director Hamilton, Listen I need to know more about the Resistance and Triple-A7 to know what I'm up against here," Nidka questioned.

There was some silence before Director Hamilton spoke again choosing her words carefully.

"Triple-A7, used to be one of our assets on the payroll, but he decided to betray the CIA when he went into business for himself with the so-called Resistance, I would check out the Russtech Ammunition maybe you can find out something there," Director Hamilton stated.  

"You're telling, me that Triple-A7 was one of your assets, and you didn't know that he was going to betray you, I see what I can find out from Russtech Ammunition, " Nidika remarked.

Director Hamilton ended, the conversation on her burner, placing back inside her pocket and walked out through the living room to the front door. Ventured out over to her Ford Taurus. She unlocked the door, and climbed in closing the door driving away.

As she drove back across Francis key Bridge, she had a sense of forbidden across her face; the timing was everything for this time-sensitive target op.  She only hoped that Lex and Nidika would together on this op.  A few years later she had found out that Triple-A7 had stolen black budgets funds that she had used for covert operations all over the world. of course, the assets had been terminated by Grey no doubt.

Now she was pissed and wanted to bring the Resistance for good, who did he think he was dealing with. She was the goddam chief of the CIA and Director of National Intelligence,  she had gone after the White Nights who had assassinated Roald Popov the father of Orleana Popov,  even taking down an ex-Chief of CIA Tyler Quinn, Raptor and the black market.

So the Resistance had dispatched one of their assassins to try, and kill Nidka getting away with file on Ruyan; Something was making sense here she knew. First of all, why would  Rogue would be working for Triple-A7, and second what could they possibly gain from it?