Chapter 27: Dangerous times

Washington,DC

Deputy Director Grigorevich Pov:

President's Putin private Gulfstream descended through the clouds onto the runway outside the Ronald Reagan Internationa Airport. The Aircraft slowly came to a stop outside a private hangar. Deputy Director Grigorevich rose from where he was sitting as he glanced over at President Putin, knowing what he was about to do had to be done. Yes, it was risky? But the arms trade had been good for Russia. And once the treaty was signed by Putin, and President Roberts all that would come to an end.

Deputy Director Grigorevich reached into his pocket inside as he pulled out his burner, and entered encrypted ten-digital number the hacker/arms dealer Triple-A7 holding it up to his ear, walking down the aisle as he ventured exited out of the Gulfstream, strolling down the large staircase to where a limousine was waiting for them.

President Putin gotten up from where he was sitting seeing his Deputy Director was already off the GulfStream but talking on his burner to someone,he wondered who that person was? The chauffeur grabbed the door for them as they climbed in after he closed the door, walking over to the driver side of the limousine.

St. Petersburg, Russia

TripleA-7 pov:

TripleA-7 Satellite phone buzzed in his pocket inside his suit as he pulled it out and clicked accept button on it before he spoke. He knew that there were only two people who had this number Azalea and Deputy Director Grigorevich. He ventured out of the weapons area strolling over to the den, and walked into his office. He sauntered over to his desk and sat down in his leather chair behind it.

"Triple, we have a problem if my President signs the treaty with President Roberts you'll be out of the arms trade for good. We can't have that I need you still weapons to us," Deputy Director Grigorevich stated.

"Deputy Director Grigorevich,  I assure you that will never happen. I will one of my best assassins terminate President Putin before he signs it the treaty," The hacker/arms dealer said in  a calm cool voice.

"What about the second manuscript, The Spider Embrace if it get published? My involvement with the Resistance will be known. May I remind you  if that happens, I can't protect The Resistance and you from The CIA and other intelligence services," Deputy Director Grigorevich questioned in a harsh voice.

"Relax Grigorevich, you will still get the weapons that I'm going to sell you. And the second manuscript I already have it So there's no need to worry," the hacker/ arms dealer replied in demanding cool voice.

"Triple, For your  sake,  I hope you're right. Because if you're not I'm not going to take the fall for helping you kill Martin Ray," Deputy Director Grigorevich snapped in a an angry voice.

"Grigorevich, may I remind you that you're  just  an asset and liability. So I would be very careful with what you say. I have had people who try to double cross me or betray The Resistance," the hacker/arms dealer said in a cold tone.

Deputy Director Grigorevich knew how powerful TripleA-7 was and how dangerous the Resistance was? Without hesitation there was no doubt on his mind that once he got the weapons and ammunition that Russia would become powerful again. He missed the Cold War back then you knew who your enemies were.

Now these days your enemies were alliances, and you didn't know who you could trust  or not. That's why he had decided to go with business with the Resistance. Luckily he had one of his assets inside the Secret Service to look into President Roberts to see what she could find out? 

"Grigorevich, what you can tell me about The White Knights and Rogue? I think saw her in action, and I have strange feeling that Rose Scorpio is Rogue," the hacker/ arms dealer questioned.

"Triple, They were a network of assassins that was run owned by Ally Ruyan an ex KGB officer turned private military contractor. She was trained by a GRU chief of Operations one Dmitri Petrov ,who I believed she had terminated after she got control over the White Knights," Deputy Director Grigorevich remarked

"There has be to more it then that," the hacker/arms dealer asked.

There was slight pause before Deputy Director Grigorevich spoke again.

"You understand what I'm about to tell you is  highly classified and could get me killed. Yes the Kremlin and the GRU believed that after Operation Rasputin failed,she fled to one of her safe houses. Listen she is not be trusted she very powerful and ruthless. She had ordered people killed who tried to get take down her or in get in her way. But you said you saw her in action that is in possible," Deputy Director Grigorevich said in  a worried tone.

"I want you to  look into this Rose Scorpio, there's something about her I can't put my finger on,"the hacker/arms dealer stated.

"I will look into this Rose Scorpio that you believe could be Rogue, and if she is I would be very careful with I were you," Deputy Director Grigorevich said in a cautious tone.

"Don't worry about me,  I had people killed too who betray me or double cross me. She may be the most powerful  person walking the earth, but I way more powerful, dangerous and ruthless then she will be ever,"the hacker/arms dealer said in cold threatening tone.

Deputy Director Grigorevich pov:

Deputy Director Grigorevich ended the conversation on his burner,placing it back into his pocket. There were certain secrets that he wasn't even privy to. But the White Knight she knew all about the White Knights, of course, after all he had been there when Dmitri Petrov had created them that was before Rogue took over them.

The limousine drove out through the security gate as it they drove through Crystal city, passing Pentagon city, driving across Long Bridge park into Washington, DC he looked out the window fearing the unknown. They passed by Thomas Jefferson Memorial.

Nothing ever came good after going after rogue he himself didn't trust her one bit and wanted to have her terminated, but President Putin had convinced him not to her killed. Of course, there were repercussions for everything. But at what cost that was the question? If he had been in charge of Operation Rasputin it would have been a successful not a disastrous that it was.

As they drove up Dupont Circle on their way to the Embassy of Russian Federation he wondered why tripleA-7 was so interested in the White Knights and Rogue for? Why couldn't he just let sleeping dogs lay? It was better not going to poking around in the unknown. It could get you killed.

The FSB agents grabbed the gate as they opened it for the limousine to drive through. The embassy of the Russian Federation was five -story white building. They drove down into underground parking garage, and pulled into a parking space. The chauffeur stepped out,grabbing the door for President Putin and Deputy Director Grigorevich. They climbed out.

They strolled down to the private elevator at the end of the underground garage. Deputy Director Grigorevich pushed the button as they waited. A few seconds later the doors slid open as they stepped in. These were dangerous times now he feared for his life knowing once he got to the Bubble secure room and accessed the highly classified restricted file on the White knights and Rogue that alert bells would go off.

 He would probably be taken out back and shot in the head with a high caliber gun and left in the unmarked grave.