Chapter 41: The Third time Enemy action

Langley, Virginia, Central Intelligence Agency

Agent Coles Pov:

Agents Coles and  agent Dabbs rose from where they were sitting at their desk. They strolled out of the in the counterintelligence division, walking down the corridor over to the elevator. They stepped in as the doors slid open. She had no idea that they could be walking into an ambush at Martin Ray's mansion in Georgetown, but they needed to find the disc fast before the Russians did, and that was all that mattered right now.  They strode out into the underground parking garage as the doors over

They strolled over to their Kia Sorento, they grabbed the door as they slid into and closed the door behind them. Agent Dabbs looks over at Coles and says. This isn't going to be a cakewalk, the Russians know about the disc too, and they could be there waiting for us with their guns loaded with bullets."

Driving out through the underground garage agent Coles, glances over at her partner knowing that he could be right about the Russians, and tells him. "No, it won't be.  That's  the reason  why we're going in with our guns raised and ready no hesitation."

Whatever was on the  disc had gotten the national security advisor, and President Roberts worried that they were being dispatched to retrieve it. All that they were  told was that  it had to do with the Shadows and Martin Ray. They had driven through the congested traffic at this hour. Agent Dabbs peered out the window, going over in his mind what he knew about the Shadows and Martin Ray. They knew the risk of what they were about to do was dangerous.

Fifteen minutes later, they drove into Georgetown, pulled into into a fancy neighborhood. Coles observed a lot of mansions along the way with what looked like security gates and fences around. There were people strolling along. They pulled behind a couple of cars, parked, and stepped out. Coles withdrew his Glock 21 from his hip holster as he slid a fresh mag into and Dabbs did the same.

They darted down the sidewalk, navigating their way through the crowd, keeping their pistols down at their sides. Coles eyes darted back and forth, searching for any sudden movements. His eyes narrowed on a black van parked further down the street. She nodded and motioned  for her partner to go check it out. Dabbs moved discreetly across the street over to the van, peering into the driver-side window and saw Hardigg storm cases that had been opened.

Team of elite assassins the Russians had dispatched to snatch the disc first and kill anyone who got in their way. He didn't like this at all. They would be going up assassins with AR-15, and MP5 submachine guns. Everything was on the line now, with the treaty coming soon. He nodded for Coles to come as she did.

After that, agent Coles  and agents  Dabbs sprinted   over  to a sprawling three-story mansion with a security gate out front of it. She raised her Glock ready for anything. Her nerves and instinct were tense, her eyes narrowed on the door that was ajar. Dabbs dashed through the security gate, heading over to the entrance as bullets zipped by his head. The sniper had to be on the rooftop of an apartment in the distance, which they had dropped him off there while they drove him. A perfect ambush, he thought to himself.

How did they know where the disc was, so the Russians must be replying to peer guess work here? They darted in through the entrance, seeing that everything had turned inside out and Sofas turned apart. It was obvious to them the Russians hadn't found the disc, which was good for them. Agents Coles eyes darted over to a shadowy figure sprinting around the corner toward them with his MP5 raised his grip.

Coles fired a shot at the Russian assassin, dropping him to the ground without hesitation as she says" We got too fast and found that disc before they find it."

Just then a 50 caliber round smashed through the window shattering, agent Dabbs pivoted seeing the round flying toward. He grabbed his partner by her hand and bolted over to a desk to take cover tucking behind it. The round smashing the wall near them. Coles knew the sniper had to be a long range sniper to take the shot, the Russians  weren't messing here around but were serious. They would have to fast and discreetly time was not our their side.

 Dabbs nodded." Maybe he kept it in the safe, there has to be somewhere here."

Coles pointed over to the painting on the wall. "The safe could be behind the painting."

Dabbs bolted over to the painting hanging on the wall, his pistol still gripped in his hand and His eyes narrowed on the painting. He placed his Glock on the chair across from the painting. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out some plastic white and pulled them before he removed the painting. He gently turned the dials on the safe as the door opened. Inside was a pile of thousand dollars neatly stacked, he immediately spotted something in the corner. Could that be the disc? He thought to himself?

Dabbs reached into the safe, carefully, snatching the disc heeled around, seeing the barrel, tossing the disc on the ground. He darted over to his Glock just as the assassin fired a shot at him, almost hitting but missing. He pulled the trigger as the bullet flew out, dropping the assassin to the ground, snatching up the disc heading out the entrance with his partner.

Still, knowing that a sniper was out there, Cole's instincts kicked in as she tensed, knowing that any moment another round could be fired from a distance. They hadn't come this far to be taken out by sniper round. That wasn't going to happen so she raised her pistol heading over to their vehicle. Grabbing the door, they slid and slammed the door closed behind them, driving back up the street. Dabbs figured that Russians really wanted the disc bad that they had. Now all they do  was get to President Roberts

"We got Martin Ray disc and killed two Russian assassins from retrieving it," Coles voiced her earpiece.

"Great President Roberts will be pleased to know that," the national security advisor," told Coles.