Chapter 34: You need the most ruthless

Azaela Pov:

St. Petersubrg, Russia

Azaela raised her eyebrow as she glanced down at the slash on the middle of her hand. Throwing Knives or daggers was one thing, but being able to eliminate a target from extreme distances was something different; it took skills and years of planning and steady nerve to do it. And patience waiting for the right moment to squeeze the trigger.

She withdrew her.50 caliber semi-automatic pistol from her holster without hesitation, training it on Rose but moved the optic sight to the wall, her finger rested on the trigger. Her eyes narrowed on the target within seconds. She squeezed the trigger as the round, rushed out through the barrel smashing into the wall.

Rose swiftly turns, seeing Azaela holding her gun in hand, then looks over at the bullet smashed into the wall. She knows if she fails to kill The Russian president that next bullet would be for her.

"Rose, you understand  that if President Putin signs the treaty that with President Roberts that will put an end to the arms trade for good and a lot of very powerful and dangerous clients who buy weapons from our paymaster won't be happy." Azalea stated.

"You don't think I know what's at stake here, Azalea, I do. Like I told you before, I will not miss," Rose hedged.

Azalea slipped her pistol back into her holster as she paced and forth. Her eyes darted over to the arms dealer/hacker watching them before she spoke again. "Maybe I remind you that you're just an expandable asset Rose, You see The Resistance is  powerful more than you think."

"Look, I had Martin Ray killed when you ordered to do it, so don't you dare threaten me," Rose asserted.

"Let's see how good you are in hand to hand combat fighting skills shell we," Azalea inquired.

Azalea withdrew her knife from steatlh as she gripped the handle in her hand. Her eyes narrowed as her face twisted. A muscle in her jaw twitched, she snarled/her lips drew back in a snarl " Bring it!"

Rose lunged at her with the dagger in her grip. Azaela sidestepped caught her off guard and delivering an Elbow strike to her face, sending her face whipping in pain as the blow knocked her to the ground as the dagger flew out of  her grip. She quickly jumped back on her feet regaining her focus. 

" I thought the CIA trained in hand to hand combat techniques Rose, Azalea inquired.

"Yes, they did," Rose repiled, seeing her dagger laying on the ground and snatching it up as she balled her fist

Rose circled around Azaela slowly gripping her dagger and then with her  free hand that was balled  into a fist delivered a lethal kidney strike punch Azaela kidney  sending her into pain. Azaela lashed out with the knife her in grip, and threw it as it flew in the air.  Rose pivoted  dogzing the knife just about inch  close to her.  She dropped the dagger waiting for Azaela next move.

Before Rose knew she was sent flying to the ground as her body  slammed into the hard pavenment floor. Still  feeling the pain from the blow she swiftly carefully got back on her feet. It was obivously to her  that Azaela had been trained in every kind of hand to hand combat technique there was and martials arts too. Which made her more dangerous as predator.

"Enough we have to get prepaired for our target.  I want recon done in washington, DC we can't leave any loose ends understand," the arms dealers/hacker shouted in a demanding tone.

Azaela strolled over to where the knife had landed,picked it up and slipped back into her stealth.  Yeds, Rose was good but she was better after all, she was a harden ex special forces operator where Rose was just an ex CIA agent

Rose snatched up her dagger, slipping it back into her slealth. One thing she knew about planning an assassination, you needed to know every detial about the place and the security which made her wonder how where they going to it pull off?

" You know that President Putin will be guarded by his own secret service." Azaela stated.

" I'm not too worried about that. You will be a long distance away when you pull the trigger." The arms dealer/hacked replied in a mock tone.

"Yes, But how are we going to get through airport security? The CIA will be watching for us and the security will be tight,", Rose inquired

"Your covers have already been arranged and are intact. You and Rose will be security consultants," the arms dealer/hacker told them.

"How secure are,  our covers?" Azaela asked, wondering if the CIA crack them or not

"Azaela, the covers are solid, don't worry. The CIA will never crack them, I assure," the arms dealer answered in a calm and cool tone a he walked out of the weapons area and across the corridor to   his study

What worried her was that if they failed to  assassinate  the Russian President. She was sure that  Triple-A7 would probably have one of them killed just show that he meant business. She wasn't going to take that chance of that happening.

 So everything had to go as planned. When she was in the Shadows she had to  depend on action officers and agent of influence  for intel. But not anymore that had all changed when the Resistance had contracted her as an assassin.

She still her own i about Rose but right now she needed to focus on the recon they needed to do. After the Shadows had been disbanded, she had gone to work for Russtech Ammunition where she put her skills to work as their weapons specialist  in creating the  60 caliber rounds that they were going to use in the modified sniper rifle.

Of course the CIA wanted her killed when she was in Iraq because she had executed  an asset who had vital  intel on the stolen gold. The Russians had started looking into on behalf of President Putin, and now they were planning to assassinate him. Still, she wondered why the Russians were in the stolen gold for and what was so important about it?