Chapter 11:The handler

Williamsport Regional Airport

Nandika  pov

Agent Nandika Charles took the escalator down, walking over to the Hertz rental counter. She looked around the Airport, there were lots of people coming and going. Which was good ,she thought. The clerk looked up at her from the counter. If this handler were as dangerous as Director Hamilton told her, she would have to be careful.

"How can I help you miss?" The clerked asked.

"Yes can I tend of your vehicles please?" Nandika asked.

"Which one?" The clerked remarked.

"The blue Mazda Miata,"Nandika stated.

The clerk reached under the counter, grabbing the keys for the Mazda Miata and then handed her the keys. She walked out of the Airport, strolling over to the car rental parking lot. She went over to the Mazda unlocked, the door and climbed in. She closed the door. She drove out and headed to the Allenwood Correctional Complex.

As she sped down the road, she glanced out of the rearview window to see if she had been followed. She had a bad feeling that she was but couldn't tell. She wondered what forces at play Director Hamilton were talking about. She noticed a vehicle a couple of cars behind her.

After a few hours of driving the road, it was just her and the vehicle on the road. The black BMW swirled at her vehicle, knocking her off the road a bit. She sped back on the road just then the window slowly rolled down the driver raised his suppressed Glock and fired some shots at her.

She slammed her vehicle into the BM almost knocking the driver's Glock out of his hand. She withdrew her suppressed Sig Sauer 9320 XCarry from her shoulder holster. She squeezed the trigger firing three-rounds into the driver. The BMW swiveled off the road into a tree.

She slowed down as she slipped her suppressed pistol back into her shoulder holster.

She pulled up alongside the side  of the road climbed Mazda closing the door behind her. She sauntered over to the driver laying dead in the driver's seat. She grabbed the door, swung it open. She searched his pockets finding, however, no Id on him.

Okay this was starting to get serious, she had almost been killed. Certainly someone didn't want her talking to this handler, which was getting her pissed.

She ventured back to her vehicle, climbed in, closed the door behind her. She headed into Allenwood, Pennsylvania. Which was a small town with stores, houses and buildings? She turned down the street to Allenwood Correctional Complex. She pulled into the parking outside.

She climbed out closing her door walking over to the security gate outside the correction complex. She ventured through, as the gates by one of the security guards she entered the complex where Wadern Daniel was waiting for her.

"Agent Charles, I presume?"Warden Daniel asked.

"Yea, that would be me warden" Nandika stated.

They walked down long a narrow corridor to the visitation room with a large screen sat across the wall from the prisoners and guests. She knew that she needed to talk to Martin Ray. In private, a separate room would be good. They ventured up to the end of the table and nodded  for her to sit. On the  other side of the Screen, was this dangerous handler she was  suppose to get intel from?

"Sorry Agent Charles, he's too dangerous for that," Warden Daniel told her.

Nidika picked up the phone, looking at Martin Ray through the glass, thinking of what she would say. Now was the time to press for answers? Martin Ray was medium height with balding hair dark blue menacing eyes and rough face in a prison uniform of course. He Looked nothing like the photo she had seen in his file.

Martin snapped,"Who the fuck are you? Let me guess, your from the goddammit CIA  right? what do they want now?"

"I"m agent Charles, from the Red team I'm here to ask you some questions about why you, and Ruyan recruited Azalea from an orphan home before?" she asked him.

"Are you trying to get me killed answering those questions. You have no idea who you're dealing with ?agent Charles  Martin replied.

"Why is that Martin because you sold out your country, or you're afraid for your life," Nandika asked.

Before Martin could say anything, he dropped the phone, clutching his chest, then he was dead. Nandika dropped the phone and shouted.

Flashback, a couple of years ago

Martin Ray Pov and President Robert's Pov

Washington, DC

Martin Ray drove through the city, in his Grey Honda Civic Coupe turning onto M Street passing by DuPont Circle until he came to Pennsylvania Avenue. He had just gotten back from his previous  deployment in Iraq with the special operations unit called the Shadows.

Still, he had no idea why President Roberts wanted to see him right away. He pulled up to the front security gate outside the White House.

He spotted the counter snipers on the rooftop, the designated marksman with his Sr 16 sniper, and the secret service patrolling the lawn of the White House. He wasn't nervous at all as he and his unit had faced  many threats  in Iraq. The gate opened as the secret service waved as their dog sniffed underneath the vehicle.

After that, he was clear to drive into the parking lot outside of the White house, where the secret service agents would escort him up the sidewalk to  the Executive Branch. Where the West Wing and the Oval office was. He pulled into an open parking space, where a secret service agent waited for him outside.

As a handler of the special operations code-named The Shadows he saw the world as black and White. When he was out in the field risking his own,  his life while the President sat in the Oval behind the Resolute.

Who did she think was?

Martin stepped out, of his Honda Civic after that he was searched for any weapons on him before,  been led up the sidewalk into the side of the entrance of the Executive branch and, walked into the Oval Office where President Roberts was sittng behind the Resolute desk with, the National security Advisor and the chief of staff standing. He had a bad feeling this wasn't good.

"Martin, please have a seat a situation has come  up,  after your op in Iraq," President Roberts stated as she motioned to him  have a seat.

Martin sat down in the chair, in front of the Resolute desk; he didn't like this at all. What situation he thought everything went well. Did she know about the Hussein gold they stole from him?

"Madame President I don't know what situation you're talking about?" Martin remarked.

"Don't play dumb, with me Martin I  got some intel back from the CIA Station chief that your unit stole Saddam Hussein gold from his palace," President Roberts told him in  a demanding voice.

"Really Madame President, I have no knowledge of that all?" Martin scowled.

"Your unit the shadows will be disbanded for good . And you will  be going to federal prison, Allenwood Correctional Complex, you're a National security threat,"The National security advisor snapped.

The secret service agents, walked in Martin jumped from the chair wheref rom he was sitting grabbing  the Sig Saucer from the secret service agent and, aimed at President Roberts saying"I'm not traitor I did what no one could do and for that, I'm marked as National security threat?"

The secret service agents rushed Presidents Roberts out of the Oval office through the back door into the Roosevelt Gardens. He pivoted,  pulling the trigger on his suppressed Glock, and fired a round into one of the secret service agents.

The remaining secret service agents grabbed him, hollowing him out of the Oval office, and out of the Executive Branch where the FBI agents waiting for him in a sedan to take him. Special agent Chris Steve stepped out, with three agents as they handcuffed him throwing Him into the back seat. They climbed in and drove out through the security gate. This all had been a setup he should have known better.

1367 words in chapter