Chapter 15: The trip

Moscow, Russia

President Putin Pov:

President Putin rose from his polish desk, in his Presidential office inside the Kremlin. He was about to enter a historical treaty that would put an end to cyberterrorism and arms deals. As one would expect, some were elements within the Kremlin that didn't want him to enter into the treaty.

He justly admired President Roberts for what she was about to but didn't relish her one bit, but setting that aside, he looked over at his National security advisor and the Director of SVR knowing what they were thinking. The look on their faces wasn't good at all.

He had found out about the Resistance from the Director of the SVR himself when he had talked to one of the Russian agents. He paced and forth choosing his words carefully what to say.

 " Mr. President, I strongly advise you not to sign this treaty. The U.S. has interfered in our affairs before and President Roberts, isn't an ally of ours understand, " The National security adviser stated.

"Yes, I know that she's not our ally but this treaty is a step forward for us," President Putin exclaimed in his Russian accent.

"Our intel suggests they have contracted a freelance assassin to terminate you," Deputy Director of SVR Ivan Grigorevich stated.

"Goddammit Ivan, you're Deputy Director of our foreign Intelligence service. Who is this assassin?" 

"Azalea Elizabeth Grey," The deputy director remarked

President Putin stalked out of his presidential office. He walked down, the spiraling staircase into the golden corridor, and walked out through the front entrance where his limousine was waiting for him outside parked.  Deputy Director Ivan Grigorevich sprinted down the spiraling stair and dashed out through the entrance of the Kremlin.

The chauffeur stepped, out grabbing the door for President Putin and the Deputy Director. They climbed and, the driver closed the door. The chauffeur climbed in and his door as they sped down the narrow streets to Sheremetyevo International, where the presidential aircraft was waiting for him.

The limousine drove into the private runway outside the hangar and parked. The driver stepped out, surveying the area before he grabbed the door handle for them President Putin and his deputy director of the SVR climbed out as they made their way over to the hangar, and boarded the Gulfstream. They went over to their seats and down.

The Gulfstream roared down the tarmac as it sped into the sky over Russia on it's way to Washington, DC deputy director Grigorevich had known about Grey, after all, she was one of his sleeper agents that planted in the Shadows

He had kept that secret from the President himself, knowing that Putin found out he would furious about, and would demand to know why. The illegal spy program had been born and created in The Cold War in the midst of the time when he had been a handler for  Russian Intelligence back then.

Yes, he and Putin were both ex KGB men but unlike him, he was a  Cold War Warrior that didn't trust the United States at all.  He didn' trust this new President one bit, His instincts were telling him that President Roberts had her hidden agenda and was up to something to suspicious whatever it was; it was not all good.

Grigorevich looked over at President Putin and though, Nothing can go wrong he had planned out with everything carefully.