Chapter14: Writers are spies.Outsiders. Believers in turning the pages

Arizona

Jennifer Pov

After helping  costumers find their books; that were signed. Jennifer had decided to  go up to her office to  edit some manuscripts, to see other classified secrets were in them?  Walked over to the back, strolling up the staircase and went over to her office where she heard her burner buzz in the bottom drawer of her desk.

She ventured in closing; the door behind her, casually walked over to her desk and sat down. Opened the bottom drawer of the desk and removed the burner from it that was underneath an envelope.  Clicked on the accept button. Jennifer knew that there was only one person who had this number; that was her handler in MI6. She had kept her  cover intact not letting her employee's,  know who she  reallywas, and that it could them in danger.

Winston looked out the window of the office in MI6 headquarters. He knew that Jennifer had; the talent to discover classified intel in manuscripts. But when he had found out that David Adams was her new author, a plan had come into his mind.

"Agents Peters, we need find  to what the Resistance is up to you told me  before that you have his next manuscript The Spider's Embrace,"

"Sir, we got a major problem David's dead, and that manuscript is stolen by Azalea Elizabeth Grey," Jennifer told him.

There was some silence before he spoke again.

"Did you just say, Azalea Elizabeth Grey, do you know who she works for Jennife,r The god dammit Resistance that's; who I suggest  that you handle this matter carefully," Winston Snapped.

Winston, don't worry I handle it, David's brother Lex, is also trying to find out what happened to him?"Jennifer stated.

"Lex, is CIA Jennifer black ops, I think if he's on domestic soil, he can't operate understand," Winston told her.

Jennifer ended the conversation, on the burner, she knew that was something about Lex but wasn't sure what it was? Without a doubt, it dawn on her they had both burners. She had a feeling that he wasn't going to give up on his brother until the people who did it were buried in the ground.

Jennifer rose from her desk, where she was sitting, walked over to the picture of her, and Clive Cussler hung on the wall. Then gently removed; the picture, placing it on the floor. She entered her code to open it. The senior turned red. She opened the door, grabbing her suppressed Glock 31 that holstered in her shoulder holster. She slipped on it grabbing her iPhone 6.

Putting the iPhone into her pocket, she sprinted out of her office; and strolled down the staircase exiting out the back door. Her instincts, was telling her that there was something strange, about the  sedan,  that was still parked outside. She didn't know what it was?

She slowly made her across the street over to where the sedan was parked.

She pulled out her iPhone from her pocket and snapped a photograph of the license plate. She would run it through the DMV and the NICI. She a strange feeling that these security consultants weren't what they seemed to be? After that she quickly made her way back to the bookstore, but before she could the door on the sedan opened.

Courtney and Trevor drove down the street for a little while. In their black sedan. They should have known that David was going to use the classified intel in his book. As an ex-secret service agent were instincts were on high alert telling her that David's brother could very well be an agent for the CIA. That was all that they needed? But maybe they could use it to their advantage.

Courtney looked at her burner, wondering if she should report to Aegis about David's brother Lex. After she had left the secret service and gone to high-end protection and security business she had been approached by Rose to come and work for a new client in St Petersburg.And that she did not know, anything about who she was working for her?

They had contracted David before to a penetration test at the NSA to test it vulnerabilities there. Each week she would receive ten thousand dollars in her bank account for some unknown reason. So here they were watching the bookstore. Her Sig Saucer P230 X- COMPACT was holstered in her hip holster with hollow-point bullets chambered in.

She had her suspicions, that Trevor was working for some Red team out of the box think tank that was trying to find out who was behind the Resistance. She guessed that if she kill him right here and make look like he was trying to shoot her. But maybe that would draw too much attention she didn't need that.

"How long do we have to watch this bookstore for," Trevor asked.

"Until we find out what happened to David so shut up and sit still I'm in charge of this op here," Courtney stated getting pissed at Trevor for asking a dumb questionCourtney stepped out as she withdrew her suppressed Sig from her tactical hip holster. The Sig clutched in her grip, her finger resting on the trigger. Jennifer instincts kicked in again and she quickly withdrew, Glock, grip in both of her hands.

"Put down your, weapon now, and tell who the hell you are, bcause I'm sure that you're  not a security consultant," Jennifer questioned.

"I didn't think, editor, and publishers carry weapons, these days which leads me to believe that you're  an agent for, The CIA or NSA or even MI6," Courtney stated.

There was no way a security consultant could know that; she was an agent for MI6, that was for sure. Which meant only one thing this lady was a pro. She could tell by the way she was holding it. So the question was then who this so-called Security consultant work for then?

Courtney pulled the trigger on her suppressed Sig firing a  shot at Jennifer smashing the pavement near her prey. Jennifer sprinted quickly  to one of the nearest vehicles, leveled her Glock and put a round into Courtney as her body dropped to the ground.