Chapter 32: Nothing in the world is by coincidence

Trevor's pov.

Moscow, Russia

He had flown to Moscow, and after that had rented a vehicle. If there was a money trail, he knew that it had to be here.  As he drove the narrow streets passing by old imperial buildings, he glanced sideways through the rearview mirror to see if he had been tailed by the FSB surveillance team after he had left the airport. out of the corner of his eye, Trevor suddenly noticed a woman protruding out the window with MP7 submachine clutched in her grip. He shoved the vehicle into reverse and sped backward as he drew his pistol. lowering the window,firing three shots at the windshield of the car.

The car swerved off the street as the driver tried to regain control.  Crashing into another vehicle. Trevor slowed down and parked along the side of the street as he climbed out with his gun. He began walking over to the vehicle seeing the driver was unconscious.  Raised his suppressed pistol leveling at the woman in the passenger seat

"Who ordered you to kill me," Trevor questioned in a demanding tone.

The woman trembled wide-eyed in a paralyze state. Her heart leapt so fast she thought it was going to pounce out of herchest like a lion to helpless zerba.

Trevor frowned as his eyes narrowed and his lips tighten.

"I'm not going to ask you again. I want you to know who ordered you to kill me,"

The woman twisted the ring on her finger, biting her lip before she spoke, not meeting his eyes.

" I don't know. I just get my orders through a burner and money deposited in my offshore bank account. I'm telling you the truth."

He could tell that she was nervous when she twisted her ring. What was she telling him? So she got her orders through a burner too just like Courtney did. There had to be more than that he knew. If the Resistance had dispatched them to try and kill him, it could only mean one thing that he was getting too close.

His whole operation had been compromised because of Courntey who knew what classified intel she had sold to the Resistance; maybe even hundreds of assets or agents had been eliminated and hunted down. One thing for certain, they weren't foreign agents; when the woman spoke didn't she have an Russian accent which got to him thinking that they were hired mercenaries.

He fired a 5.56mm bullet into the woman's leg before saying" The next one will be in your head if you don't tell who hired to kill me. I know that you're not foreign agents so guess would be your hired mercenaries."

"All that I know is that he's a powerful and dangerous arms dealer," the woman screamed in pain as tears filled her eyes.

He fired another round into the woman's head and shot the man in the head. Slipping his gun back into his hip holster, he searched through the man's pocket inside his leather jacket, finding no identification on him, just his burner and passport from the United States.

Swiftly reaching into a pocket he pulled out his burner and entered an encrypted number for Director Hamilton office. As he held the phone to ear, his eyes darted back and forth. At least now he knew how far the Resistance tentacles reached. But he far as he knew there was no way they could know he was coming here?

Director Hamilton reached into her pocket, pulling out her iPhone 7, glancing at the display screen, seeing it was one of her agents and clicked the accept button before she spoke.

"Director Hamilton," she answered.

"Somehow they knew I was coming here and dispatched some mercenaries to kill me. But I did find out something from one of them. They were hired by an arms dealer," Trevor remarked.