Chapter 38: All secrets become dark

President Putin Pov:

Washington, DC

President Putin walked down the corridor to his office as the GRU office, grabbed the door for him. He entered the office, strolling over to his desk. Sitting down in the chair behind it, he had a strange feeling that Grigorevich couldn't be trusted and that possibility he had made a deal with the Resistance, but he wasn't sure how far  they reach. 

Yes, the treaty was vital for certain reasons; one of them was that he believed the arms deals weren't good for his country.  There were certain shadowy, powerful elements within the Kremlin, and the US government that were against the treaty and he was about to do the one thing that they didn't him want to do. He didn't care; he was the Russian President, there was little that he didn't know about. 

So it when all came down to it if they wanted to stop him, they would have do to their best. As an ex KGB agent, he had access secrets and knowledge access special programs. His computer  on his desk  flashed on a warning immediately on it, he froze for a second as his eyes narrowed on the screen, seeing where the alarm bells were going off. The Bubble room? Only two people had access to that classified room, him and deputy director Grigorevich. He scrolled up the screen and clicked it on it.

His computer screen flashed on a warning immediately on it. He froze for a second as his eyes narrowed on the screen. Seeing the alarm bells were going off. The Bubble room? Only two people had access to that classified room, him and deputy Director Grigorevich. He scrolled up the screen and clicked it on it. The Intel showed that someone had access a classified file on Rose Scorpio.

Terror overtook his face as he thought about the name. Knowing it was just one thing, but he knew who she really was, and that was dangerous. There was a reason why the file was kept on the GRU mainframe; The existence of the White Nights  was a closely guarded secret in Russia, and the identity of of Rose Scorpio was the most dangerous secret,it could even get you killed. After a while he exited the file and then scrolled over to the surveillance footage from the Bubble room.

No, it couldn't be, but it was deputy director Grigorevhich entering the bubble room. So had he access Rose Scorpio file what he was looking for? It was unlikely that he had accessed it for the SVR because they already that she had was a foreign agent for them. He wondered if she had found out that Grigorevich was looking into the White Nights and into her. Earlier, before arriving at the Russian Federation, he had noticed that Grigorevhich had been on his burner talking to someone.

After a while he exited out of the surveillance footage, he rose as GRU agent darted into his office the expression on his face was hardened.

"Sir, I was just informed by one of our agents  on the roof that deputy Director Grigorevich was found dead outside the Embassy."

He slammed down his fist on the desk. "Do, we know where he was rushing to as he left the embassy?"

"No, Mr. President we don't," The GRU agent stated.

He tilts head, raised his eyebrows as he paced back and forth, while he pressed his fingers in steeple "Well, I suggest you better where he was rushing to and who killed him Understand."

The GRU agent nodded in agreement as he sprinted out of the office; he had known along who had given the order to terminate the deputy director of the SVR. He had a strange feeling that Putin knew already who had ordered killed Grigorevich, knowing he trembled at the thought at what would happen to him if Rogue found out he had betrayed her. 

The surveillance footage, he thought to himself.

It had finally dawned on him that President Putin had access the footage, and was waiting for the right moment before he made his move. He would have to thread carefully making sure that Putin didn't find out he was secretly working for Rogue the sniper he had instructed to kill him only knew him by his code-name Rasputin. And if it came to it, he would terminate the sniper if he needed to. He couldn't leave any traces.