Chapter 20: Since really are really good you never what they are doing

Arizona, Scottsdale

Trevor pov

Trevor Lamont climbed out walking over to Courtney dead body laying on the ground and looked over  at Jennifer. His instincts were right about her along. Still, he needed to know why she was so interest in  David for. He got down on his knees and searched her pockets, finding a burner inside. Glancing over to see Jennifer still pointing her  Glock at him he knew that he needed to calm down and tell her the truth about who he really was?

Trevor got up on knees walking over to Jennifer, and gestured to lower her Glock in her hand His eyes darted back and forth Scanning the surrounding before he spoke.

"Jennifer Peters, I'm agent Trevor Lamont from the CIA and yes I do work for Aegis as security consultant please lower your weapon I'm on your side;" Trevor stated.

"Your CIA then why did your partner there try to kill me then tell me that,"Jennifer questioned.

"She's not my partner we knew for a while that she had money deposited in her offshore bank account but couldn't prove anything yet," Trevor remarked

"Agent Lamont I'm sure you know that David's brother Lex is a CIA agent in case you didn't know," Jennifer replied.

Trevor didn't say anything for a while he studied her closely of course, he knew about Lex but he wasn't worried about that right now. He had looked into her background only to find that there was nothing suspicious there.

"I know that your agent for MI6 Jennifer we are after the same person Grey, we know whatever he had in his book got him killed and the people she works for are extremely dangerous," Trevor remarked.

Jennifer knew that Winston had probably talked to Director Hamilton that would certainly explain why he was telling her these things. But then why agent for the CIA be working forAegis security and Investigation for. She found that strange.or he was telling her half of the truth she no idea but her gut her was telling her to trust to him and that's what would she do.

"Whoever Courtney was working for is very dangerous and powerful Jennifer put it's a good thing that you put a bullet into her before she could kill you," Trevor stated.

""I know that it's not Grey it must be someone else then, David's genre was spy thrillers that he wrote. He' s dead  you should know that , and was she was following me," Jennifer questioned.

"She believed that you had might intel that David had put into his book and that you were a threat,"Trevor stated.

He walked around to the driver side, climbed in , and closed the door driving away down the street. His orders were clear he was supposed to keep on Courtney which he had done now he had to find out who she was working for and where all the money was coming from?

Jennifer walked across the street into the bookstore through the back door; maybe she could use her contacts to find out who this Courtney was working for and who had hired Grey to kill her author. She felt the adrenaline rush through her as she went up the staircase to her office to look through her Rolex to see if she could contact one of her assets that she had. Just maybe, she get some answers and some intel.