Chapter 33: You can never trust a spy even your own

St. Petersburg, Russia

Lex's Pov:

As I strolled back over to the Dodge Ram, I kept over in my mind what Sasha had told me about Russtech Ammunition and the arms dealer/hacker. Sure, it was just business to them sellings weapons to the Russian special and the Shadows while they probably profited from it. But they made a fatal mistake that was they had killed my brother and then tried to have me killed.

Grabbing the door handle of the truck climbing in , I quickly glanced over to David's book,wondering if there was anything redacted in it about Russtech Ammunition. Closing the door behind me, I reached into my pocket pulling out my burner, entered and a ten digital number for agent Charles.

Holding the phone up to my ear Nandika answering saying" Agent Charles,"

"Nandika, we need to meet. I found out something out about Russtech Ammunition from one of my assets," I responded.

"Lex, the Red team has a safe house we can meet at. It's off the books, so no one knows about it. I also found out from my asset in the Russian Consulate who Russtech Ammunition's clients are. They are some powerful people in Washington, DC."

"Okay, give me the directions and I'll meet you at the safe house," I remarked.

Nandika gave me  the directions over the phone after that ending the conversation. I slipped the burner back into my pocket. After driving down several streets, blocks passed some buildings and some people strolling along the sidewalk. I finally arrived in what looked like an abandoned neighborhood. There were a couple of houses along the street, but it was to tell if anyone was in them cause the lights must have been turned off.

Driving around the curve, as I surveyed the surroundings around me pulling up and parking on a long narrow driveway outside of what looked like a normal house but looks could be deceiving. Few people would believe it was a safe house;but that was the point.

Stepping out of the Dodge Ram, grabbing the door as I began to stride up to the long sidewalk to the front entrance. Having no clue what the passcode was, I waited for agent Charles.

Nandika grabbed the door of Mazda climbing in and closed it behind her. Driving down the streets, passing by buildings and stores on her way to the safe house. She knew that they were playing with fire when it came to Russtech Ammunition. But if they were behind the Resistance, there had to be more to them than what they had seen at the Russtech Ammunition corporation.

When she arrived at the safe house, she saw Lex standing outside the front entrance waiting for her. She pulled up and parked outside along the curve. Grabbing the door, she jumped out as her eyes darted back and forth looking for any threats. There were none. Nidika strolled up the driveway, sauntering over the front entrance.

After that she entered the passcode on the security panel, as the sensor turned green. And the door clicked open. Nidika grabbed the door handle. They ventured into a massive interior with monitors hung all over the wall. Over in the corner, there was a large kitchen across from it was a desk with a computer on it.

Nandika closed the door behind sauntering over into the Kitchen before she began talking, choosing her words carefully.

"Lex, Deputy Director of National Intelligence Cassandra Lei, Senator Meera Bryce, and Deputy Director Grigorevich of Directorate S of the SVR are clients of the Russtech Ammunition, plus they have connections to the Kremlin, The White Nights and of course the Resistance, This is bigger than both of us we have to be careful."

I walked over to the kitchen seeing the hardened expression on agent Charles' face as I began to say" From what my asset told me this arms dealer/hacker was one of GRU top hackers who had created the Cozy bear cyberwarfare department, but it failed he went into the arms trade."

"Yes, an CIA analyst named Jack Foltrigg apparently he works for the Resistance." as I continued, "You're telling me that the Deputy Director Casandra Lei and Senator Bryce are clients of Russtech Ammunition?"

"Yes, from what I know about Senator Meera Bryce, she sits on the Senate Action Committee that oversees the black ops programs and special access Program. Still, I don't see what she could gain from Russtech Ammunition," Nandika stated in a curious tone.

"Lex, what did you find about Russtech Ammunition," asked Nandika.

"Just that they have connections all over the world and to the highest levels of power in Washington, DC, which that you had just proved before when you told about the Deputy Director of National Intelligence and Senator Bryce. I think they are onto us one of my assets just tried to kill me after the Resistance found out I was here looking into David's death," I told Nidika.

Whatever the Deputy Director of National Intelligence was up to with this arms dealer/ hacker ?The Resistance and Russtech Ammunition had to be connected to the treaty that the Russian President was going to signing with President Roberts that would put an end cyberterrorism and arms deals for good.  I knew a lot people up in power in Washington and especially Langley would like that.

I withdrew my Glock 21 from my hip holster taking it apart to clean it as I thought about the ex Spetsnaz sniper who had done some R&D for Russtech Ammunition, maybe he was our best bet to find  why out two of the most powerful in Washington were clients of Russtech for?

"Lex,  even if we stop The Resistance from assassinating President Putin at the Treaty, Russtech Ammunition will still be in business with people like Deputy Director Cassandra Lei and Senator Meera Bryce as their clients," Nandika exclaimed.

The only problem was  getting to this armorer who had worked for the shadows, Russtech Ammunition and now the Resistance. Was going to be dicey and dangerous, which meant that there would be armed men patrolling The Resistance estate.

"Maybe Nikolai Alexi is an asset for us Intelligence. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. After all, he was the shadows armorer," I remarked.   

"If he is, then Resistance must know about him, But I don't think he is? Think it about Nikolai was contracted do some R&D for Russtech Ammunition it wouldn't make sense for asset for The CIA to all the suddenly work for the Resistance, unless he was an asset for Deputy Director of National Intelligence,"Nandika said.