Chapter 22: Someone is going around taking names

St Petersburg, Russia

Lex's pov

There was no doubt in my mind that this so-called Resistance and Grey were up to something more then creating 60 caliber rounds. But whatever it was, I didn't know yet. All that I knew that it was connected to David's book. I kept thinking about the photographs of the submarine base in Cartagena, Spain, and the NSA.

If those were Russian mercenaries, the Resistance had ordered to kill me; that I had indeed killed when arriving here. Still, I had a bad feeling that I haven't seen the last of them? Still, I wondered how powerful this arms merchant who had hired Grey to kill my brother was?

I had remembered something that Director Hamilton had told me at her house that President Putin and President Roberts were going to be entering a treaty. My instincts started kicked in again,this time warning me that maybe there was more to what agent charles had told me.

I had admired what agent charles was trying to do by recruiting Ruyan, to work for us; but I feared that Rogue was too dangerous for her to handle, after seeing what she could do. I needed find out about the ex Russian ex spetsnaz sniper who's photograph hung on the wall in the corridor and see if there was maybe a connection to Grey somehow? Walking over to the window, I looked out seeing no other vehicles coming with hit teams in them.

But that didn't mean that they wouldn't send more mercenaries or assassins to eliminate me. This was going be a bloodbath to the end. Turning around, I saw the look in agent Charleseyes that she was serious about trying to stop from goin After, Grey because she was more worried about the op. I didn't blame her if it was other way around I would have down the same thing.

Nidika ventured over to me at the window saying"Look You should know that Triple-A7 used to be on our payroll and the State Department when he was selling arms to rouge regimes and terrorist's Lex. Your brother came to me with the intel he was about to put in hi second book, and he was afraid for his life so you see we are actually on the same side you and me.

"Agent Charles your telling me that David came to see you before his first book signing and that he was afraid for his life. Don't you think I know that's why his editor called me on my burner," exclaimed.

"Maybe, we can work together on this op one condition, I don't  want you going rogue on me try to get revenge. I"m dead serious if you do I will personally stop you myself do I make myself clear!" Nidka remarked.

"Okay Lex I'll see what I can find out for you on this Russian sniper, if you need us were ready to go just us when," Nicky remarked.

Walking out of the room I scanned the corridor one last time checking to see if there was anybody waiting to ambush us. As far I could see there wasn't Which was good I thought. Nidka strolled out behind still clutching her Sig her in grip ready for anything to come. We made our way over to the elevator, as I pushed the button and waited.

Three minutes later the doors open we stepped in. My best guess was to work with agent Charles on the op that she was doing. Every spy or operations officers knew the rules when you operated; sometimes you were a lone wolf other times you where with a team of agents

"Agents Charles, Okay I will work with you on your op stop the Resistance, and you don't have to worry about me going rogue on you trust me. But if Grey tries to kill me I will put her into the ground myself,"I stated.

My Bluetooth earpiece chirped it was Nicky

"Lex I found something on that Russian sniper thar you wanted to know about,hang on. Nicky typed in the name Nikolai Alexi on her laptop screen. In a few seconds the intel flashed onto her screen" Nikolia Alexi was master armorer for the shadows who had been contracted do some Research and development for them too. He was contracted by a Martin Ray who was the shadows handler,"

Interesting I thought, I never heard of the shadows before, but when you were part of black ops group that didn't officially exist you kind that feeling that there more black ops group out there? I was starting to wonder if agent Charles knew about the shadows?

"Agent Charles what you can tell me about the Shadows and Martin Ray," I questioned.

Nidika froze for moment, not sure what to say wondering how I knew I about them. She paced back and forth, thinking of what to say before she spoke.

"Understand this highly classified what I'm what I'm about to tell you okay. They were a military black op unit that was ran and handled by Martin Ray. Grey was one of his assassins in the unit," Nidika remarked.

"So your telling me that Grey went to work for the Resistance after the Shadows," I questioned.

"Lex,The shadows were disbanded after Martin Ray was sent to prison, and yes she did," Nidika replied.

"Did you know that Nikolai Alexi was the shadows master armorer for them and that he did some R&D for Russtech Ammunition," I asked.

The doors opened on the main floor of the Russtech Ammunition; I strolled out heading down the corridor to the front entranceas Nidika followed me from behind. Was there more to this Aegis Security and Investigation high-protection firm then I knew about?  There too many coincidences here, making me wonder if one of the security consultants was on the Resistances payroll.

"Yes and no I knew that I figured that they might have a ex Russian sniper as their armorer, but what does that have to with the Resistance," Nidika asked.

"Agent Charles, think about it isn't funny that Nikolia did R&D for Russtech Ammunition is connected to the Resistance, that is a coincidence," I remarked. 

I walked out through the front entrance passing by the dead Russian mercenaries that I killed making my down the street to where I parked the Dodge Ram. Grabbing the door as I opened it and climbed in. Nidika strolled over to me in the truck, seeing the look on my face.

10087  words in chapter