Chapter 31: It's not always easy knowing when your in a secret

Washington, DC Russian Federation embassy

Deputy Director Grigorevich pov:

The doors opened on the seventh floor, as deputy director Grigorevich strides down the corridor. He knew about the highly classified room that contained the mainframe of the SVR, and the GRU classified operations that were so sensitive it could topple any country's government. As deputy director, he was well aware of what those secrets were.

Grigorevich sauntered over the bubble room. As he approached, the GRU agent nodded at him and moved aside. The bubble room was massive with a bullet-proof window and steel reinforced door that could only be open by entering the encrypted code to unlock it.

Deputy Director Grigorevich darted into the secure room with all the servers and a massive mainframe screen that sat in front of the keyboard. Clicked on the keyboard as the screen lit up. After that, he typed in his password. In a few seconds, the screen flashed on with several files.

His fingers froze on the keyboard as his eyes narrowed on a highly classified file marked The White Nights, and clicked it on. Five minutes later, the file flashed on the screen with a warning in red.

Classified

Name: Ally Ruyan code-name Rogue

Operational Status: The White Nights deactivated.

Background: They were sleeper cell asssassiantion and penetrating unit that had been planted within the highest echelons of power of the US and Canadian government,  to assassinate the head of the government if both countries went to war against Russia.

After that Grigorevich typed in the name Rose Scorpio on the screen. A few minutes later the file  suddenly flashed onto the screen. He froze as a chill ran his back. No, it couldn't be?

So Rose Scorpio is Rogue, he thought

A plan became to form in his mind; he had always wondered what happened to Ruyan or if she had disappeared? But now he knew for sure that she was working somehow secretly working for the Resistance.

It wasn't until three weeks later that he had learned from his contacts in the GRU that Petrov had been killed by an assassin in Tallinn.   

He reached into his pocket, pulled out his burner, and entered a ten digit number for Triple-A7. He was sure that he would be pleased if he found out on Rose Scorpio. He held the phone up to his ear.

Triple-A7 reached into his pocket, pulling out his satellite phone and clicked the accept button before he spoke. Seeing that it was an encrypted unknown number, he knew that it had to be Deputy Director Grigorevich.

"What did you find out about Rose Scorpio," The arms dealer/hacker inquired.

"Rose Scorpio is really Ally Ruyan. This is bad, Triple. If she finds out that I had access to the GRU mainframe, she will have me killed," Grigorevich exclaimed.

"Grigorevich, You worry, too much Don't worry,, I will protect from Rogue," the arms dealer/hacker told him.

"How are you going to protect from one of the powerful, dangerous people walking this earth, tell me that," Grigorevich scowled.

"Easy because now I know Rose Scorpio really is. Plus, she works for me now. And if betrays me and goes after you, I will have her killed," the arms dealer/hacker replied.

"Nobody has ever had Rogue killed, trust me," Grigorevich remarked.

"I'm not nobody, trust me and you should know that by now," the arms dealer/hacker snarled.