Chapter 2:The assassin from the Shadows

Song Hero by Skillet
Azaela Pov:

Azaela looked out the window of the hummer as they made their way over to the Scottsdale international airport. No one had ever tried to hunt her down or go after her. The word was that she was like a shadow, there for a minute and then gone. All that she knew about her paymaster was that he was extremely powerful and dangerous.

She had known that David Adams was an author but also a security consultant for Aegis and Security and Investigation that was a high-end protection firm that was based in London and New York. She had found out that he was doing a penetrating test and security audit for the NSA and a submarine base in Cartagena Spain.

Grabbing her burner phone, she pressed in a memorized ten digital number for her Paymaster Triple-A7 and brought it up to her ear.:

Triple-A7 picked up his satellite phone as he sat in his den in his office at his mansion that was located on the outskirts of St.Petersburg.

"Tell me that David Adams is no longer a problem for us and that you have his next manuscript Azalea." Triple-A7 spoke.

In her Russian accent, Azalea stated "He's eliminated and I have the manuscript."

He was simply known as Triple-A7. There was nothing that he couldn't do or get. The truth was he was on the CIA and state department payroll. He was also a notorious arms merchant who had sold ballistic missiles and fighters jets, along with weapons and ammunition to both sides during the Cold war and to Saddam Husein.

A few years ago, he had hacked into The Republic of Estonia's banks, ministries, and Estonian Parliament holding them at ransom for nintey billion dollars. He had everything he wanted from mansions in Monca, Marbella, Rome, Corfu, Barcelona, and Zurich.

He also had eleven yachts and thirteeen private GulfStreams that were parked on his private runway. He had first learned about the Shadows from one of his assets in the CIA.

Rose Scorpio was a CIA agent who had gone rogue selling classified intel on everything from covert operations to sleeper agents to defectors. She walked into the den wearing an elegant black blouse with her shoulder holster that holstered her suppressed Colt 1911. Underneath her black leather jacket and  jeans, she had on body armor, just to be safe. The look in eyes was vacant, brutal and cold.

"We have a problem," she began, "I just found from listening to a call phone that the nosey editor Jennifer Peters made to an encrypted burner belongs to a CIA black ops agent named Lex Jackson." Rose said

Triple A-7 rose up from his desk where he was sitting. He was a tall, slim but with a muscular build. His dirty blonde hair framed his well weather face and thin trimed goatee. He wore a black three piece designer suit.

His eyes turned cold and brutal as he thought about what to say choosing his words carefully.

"I thought you told me that you had this handled, Rose?" Triple-A7 asked in a mock sad tone.

"He won't be a problem for you." Rose exclaimed, defensive as he accused her. "I will send some assassins after him and Jennifer Peters immediately."

"He better not be." The hacker/ arms dealer coldly said.

Azaela stepped out of the hummer closing the door behind her. She quickly made over her to the gate where a private owned Gulfstream was parked. She ventured through the gate walking quickly over to the plane and climbed in, closing the door behind her. She went over to the seat and sat down in. She closed her eyes to rest a bit.

The plane roared down the runway, lifting up into the sky. The pilot orders were fly Azalea to the private landing strip outside of St Petersburg. The Pilot knew not to mess with Azalea. He knew that if he did that, her paymaster would have him killed.

Three hours later the Gulfstream touched down on the private landing where ten armed security agents stood. They wore body armor and black balaclavas covering their face. Tightly gripped in their hands were MP5 submachine guns. Azaela woke up well rested and rose up the seat carrying the manuscript in her hands.

She walked down the steps toward the agents. They all nodded at her as they made way over to the GMC. She climbed into the SUV that was led by armor vehicles down the narrow road to a five-story mansion with a security gate.

They walked into the mansion and strolled over to the den where Triple-A7 was sitting behind his massive desk. Azalea handed him the manuscript. The look on his face suggested that he was pleased.

She didn't know what was so important about this manuscript. But when Triple-A7 said it was vitally important then you did what he said.

 But when Triple-A7 said it was vitally important then you did what he said