Chapter 32: Nothing in the world is by coincidence

Start from the beginning

There was a pause and some hesitation before Director Hamilton said anything.

"He used to work for us when he was on payroll selling weapons to the rogue nation's Trevor," Director Hamilton explained.

"Well, who is he? His tentacles reach into the U.S. ," Trevor inquired.

"He's behind the Resistance, that's why they are so dangerous and powerful, watch yourself there," Director Hamilton told him in a cautious tone.

At least now he knew who was up against, If this Resistance was powerful and dangerous as Director Hamilton had mentioned he would need to tread carefully. They had already tried to kill him but failed. Strolling back over to his car, grabbing the door handle as he climbed he ended the call on his burner.

After driving down some narrow streets he finally arrived at a hotel where he would stay night before he started his search for the money trail. He stepped out of the car,closing the door behind him. He strided into an elegant-lit lobby through the glass doors, as he surveyed everyone walking around, and where the exit was in case he needed to get out fast. As an agent he had always had an escape plan no matter kind of op he did.

He sauntered up an old fashioned spiral staircase to the fourth floor passing by some people causally sauntering down. He reached his room at the end of the corridor and inserted his keycard as the sensor turned green. The door clicked open. He entered a medium-size room with one bed,nightstand and a desk.

Unclipping his hip holster he placed on the nightstand he grabbed his gun and slipped it under the pillow. Next he took off his jacket, throwing onto the chair at the desk. It had been a long flight here and tomorrow was going to be busy tracking down the money trail. He collapsed on the bed as eyes closed and hand on the trigger of his gun.

All of a sudden there was a loud screeching of tires pulled up to front of the hotel as the doors swung open on the van. The team stepped out with MP7SD submachine guns clutched in their grip. They stalked through the glass into the lobby as their eyes darted back and forth, looking for their target. People screamed and panicked, hurrying out through the entrance.

Trevor jumped from the bed with his gun gripped in both hands. He sprinted over to the window looking out and saw the van parked in front of the entrance.

Shit,

He thought

It hadn't crossed his mind that maybe Courtney had sold out to the Resistance, knowing he would come here to find out who she was really working for. He wondered if he was her assignment; they probably figured that he knew about Lex's brother David's book. It would make sense. 

Trevor pivoted, leveling his gun and fired shots at of the one agents. Rage pulsed through his veins, his eyes narrowed and his expression hardened as he sprinted and dived behind the desk, still firing more shots at the agents. There was no chance in hell that he was going to let them get the upper hand on him.

"Lamont, there's no way out of here. Our paymaster would like to meet with you, just a little a talk that's all," The team leader said in a calm cool tone.

"Not going to happen you can tell your paymaster that he can send whoever he wants after me, but I bring the war and that is a promise," Trevor yelled.

He could tell this team of agents were highly trained and dangerous, probably a back-up team after the first one failed. It wouldn't surprise one bit. He knew what little talk meant torture and then a bullet to the head. After all, now he knew who their paymaster was an arms dealer who had at one time been on the CIA payroll.

"We can do this the easy or the hard way. It's up to you, but if you do it the hard way. My orders are to kill right here," The team leader demanded in a harsh tone.