Chapter 28

Celestes POVI sighed looking at the clock again, counting down the minutes until the bell would ring as I sat at my desk

Celestes POV
I sighed looking at the clock again, counting down the minutes until the bell would ring as I sat at my desk.

It was Monday, and things haven't got better...

When Asher walked me to class this morning, no one would even look at me, and in my lessons people avoided me.

I couldn't figure out why, until Carter spoke to me secretly, and told me something I was not expecting to hear...

Megan was murdered on Saturday night, and it happened at the same place we were... There was a real life murderer in the same place we were!

But people think Asher has something to do with it, which is ridiculous, because he was with us... people just think he's scary... oh- and rumours are going round saying that I told him to do it, because somehow they found out Megan did something to me!

That's so ridiculous!

People weren't being mean, so it wasn't as bad as before, but it feels like I'm back where I started... with no one.

Of course I had Asher, but he wasn't in any of my lessons, and he doesn't want to be with me all the time anyway...

The sound of the bell ringing pulled me out of my thoughts.

Yes!

I quickly threw everything in my bag, and rushed out of there as soon as possible, making my way to the cafeteria.

I saw all the guys sat at their usual table, then walked over.

I felt bad about having to sit with all the boys now... I didn't want to have to force them to sit with me, but I had no one else...

"Hey Celeste." They greeted me kindly, with smiles that were probably fake.

I was just a burden.

"Hi guys!" I plastered on my best smile as I sat beside Asher.

"How's your day been?" Asher asked, and he snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Great." I lied with a wider smile to add authenticity. "I got a B on the algebra test I did last week."

That was a lie too... I failed it... But in my defence, I did it the day after Megan said that mean stuff to me, so I was pretty anxious...

He smiled at me, then pecked my cheek.
"So my girls a got brains as well as beauty, what did I do to get so lucky?"

I blushed, and nodded slightly not wanting to talk too much about it, in case he realised I was lying.

He'd be disappointed if he found out how stupid I am. He already had to put up with how annoying, and sensitive I am...

"How was your day?" I asked him, trying to change the subject, and he shrugged.

"Shit. Did you have any trouble from Toni?" He dismissed, bring the conversation back to me.