Chapter 21

A month later

A month later...

Celestes POV
Asher and I were sat in the living room watching a serial killer documentary on a Saturday afternoon, like we usually did. I was sat between his legs on the couch with Salem on my lap. Asher had his arms wrapped around my waist, whilst I played with the rings on his fingers.

Things had been perfect, until today.

Asher never spoke to me about his parents after that night, and I forgot about it until like a week later.
I decided that later on today, I was gonna confront him about it. We have been together for over a month, and I feel like now I at least deserve to know something.

"Can you believe that?" I exclaimed as I shoved some popcorn into my mouth.

Some guy murdered loads of people then ate some parts of them. How gross!

"I don't even understand why someone would want to eat a human in the first place." Asher said with a laugh and I giggled with him.

"I know! I once watched one where this guy-"

"Celeste!" Ambrose shouted, cutting me off as he walked in with Mateo making me frown.

Whenever Asher and I were alone together he always found a way to ruin it. The only time Asher and I could ever get any privacy was when he'd sneak into my room at night... which he had been doing a lot more often.

"What?"

He looked at the tv then towards us and narrowed his eyes at Asher and I, before he spoke.
"Mateo needs Asher."

Aww. I thought we'd get to spend the whole day together. I turned my head to Asher to see an angry look on his face.

I furrowed my brows and pouted at them. They made Asher angry, I hate when he gets angry.

"I don't care." Ashers deep voice, grumbled harshly as he gripped onto my waist tighter.

Mateo stepped forward and ran a hand through his hair.
"It's really important, Asher. I've been ringing you for hours." He said through gritted teeth as he glared at Asher.

"Can't it wait?" I whined as I looked between the two of them staring at each other.

Don't go.

Don't go.

Please, don't go.

"Can you guys give us a second?" He said, then the boys nodded and left.