Chapter 53

Celeste's POV:I was woken up by being lifted from the bed into big warm arms

Celeste's POV:
I was woken up by being lifted from the bed into big warm arms.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled groggily as I opened my eyes to see that Asher was carrying me.

He ignored me as we walked into the bathroom where the shower was already running.

He looked really... sad?

This started to make me panic, because Asher never looks sad like this...

What's happened?

He placed me on the floor in front of the shower, then reached down to remove my shirt, but I stopped him.

"Asher, what's going on?" I asked him worriedly, but he just gulped as he looked away.

"Let's just get in the shower... then I'll tell you everything..."

He attempted to remove my shirt, but I backed away.

That's when I felt the unusual pain in my stomach... and I knew something bad had happened.

I cautiously looked down then gasped, slapping a hand to my mouth once I saw all the blood covering my legs.

It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest...

"No...." I whispered, shaking my head as my eyes stayed glued to all the blood.

Why?... What did I do wrong?

"Just don't look, don't look baby." Asher said as he took a hold of my face, and tilted it up so that I was only looking at him.

I began to cry uncontrollably as I shook my head and I tried to move myself away from him, but he wouldn't let me.

Instead, he pulled me into his chest where I clung onto him and began to cry.

She's gone... this is way more blood than last time, and I can't even feel her anymore.

Why me?

How has this happened, again?

He stroked my back as I continued to cry into his chest.

"I rang a doctor..." he muttered, then pulled away from me so that he could start to lift up my shirt.

This time I let him take it off, then watched as he took his boxers off and walked into the shower with me.

My baby's dead... again.

⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓

"I'm so sorry for your loss Mr. and Mrs Deville... I can confirm that you have had what we call a late miscarriage." The woman spoke, telling me what I already knew and I nodded whilst Asher squeezed my hand a little tighter.

"What did I do?" I asked straight away, just wanting to know as I stared at the floor.

I tried so hard this time... I was so careful.