Chapter 15

Celeste's POVHe can't just do that

Celeste's POV
He can't just do that. I really hope he was joking right now.
If he showed up at my front door at 11:30PM, my dad would kill him, then me.

Also, if I see him right now, I don't think I'd be able to keep it together.

I've been...thinking, and I've come to the decision that Asher and I would never work.
I don't know if he was just ill at the moment, but he obviously wasn't thinking straight.

I wasn't a girl he would want or deserved, and that's okay. Although it hurts, I have to move on. I'll find someone I'm good enough for one day.

Now I just had to figure out how to break up with him.

I really didn't want to. If I could have it my way, I'd never leave his side. But I had to be realistic. Boys like him don't go for girls like me. I had to remind myself that now... she was right.

I wish things were different. I wish I was skinny and pretty. I wish I was confident and social. I wish I wasn't so... different. But I wasn't, so I should stop feeling so freaking sorry for myself and-

My thoughts were interrupted by a banging coming from my window, causing me to jump out of my skin.
I looked over and saw Asher clinging to the rails outside my window. I didn't have a proper balcony, like Ambrose, but a Juliette balcony.

"What are you doing? Are you crazy- you could hurt yourself! And you nearly gave me a heart attack." I scolded him as I opened the double doors to let him climb in.

He just looked at me blankly and dusted himself off.

"Well I couldn't exactly use you front door, could I?"

I narrowed my eyes at him then went back over to my bed.
I sat there in silence for a few seconds before I finally spoke up.

"What are you even doing here, Asher?"

I knew exactly why. He knew something was off and he knows I can't lie to him in person.

"You know why." He mumbled as he made his way over to my bed and sat down next to me.
"You've been acting weird since we've got together, and I want to know why."

I looked ahead as I didn't dare look at him. My heart was beating so fast right now, it felt like it could break out of my chest.

He grabbed my hands and turned me towards him.
"Is there something I'm doing wrong? Just tell me and I'll fix it baby."

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply to contain my tears.
He was so perfect. Even when he's done nothing wrong, he's blaming himself.