Spiralling

Seonghwa stood at the door like a mother watching Yeosang walk away and hoping he would be ok. He had never seen Yeosang so nervous for a date before.

Usually he'd watch the younger get up, toss on the first thing he pulled out of his wardrobe and then leave as calmly as a cow eating grass to go meet with whomever it was he was dating at the time.

Seonghwa couldn't even recall Yeosang ever being this nervous to see Wooyoung. Yeosang would indeed put in a little more effort in when seeing the younger boy, but choosing his clothes didn't have him nervous, shaking and pacing back and forth around their room like a mother who lost their child in the toy section at the mall.

Nevertheless, as strange as it sounds, Seonghwa liked seeing Yeosang like this because it proved to him that he did actually care for San.

The whole polyamorous relationship and Yeosang's feelings for San had come as a shock, but it was in no way a bad thing. Seonghwa saw no harm in Yeosang being involved with Wooyoung and San, just as long as he was happy, which he was, so it was ok.

Seonghwa in the days past since he'd found out had often found himself thinking about the logistics of a poly relationship since he'd only ever see three-way relationships on tv never in real life. It was new territory for Seonghwa and he wished he knew more so he could better support Yeosang if needed.

Seonghwa wasn't planning to tell Hoongjoong since he knew Yeosang had his reasons for wanting to keep his relationship on the down low, but Yeosang emphasised that it was ok as long as they kept it to themselves, and Seonghwa did need another set of ears and opinions so he had told Hongjoong before they went to sleep about two nights ago.

Hongjoong reaction was as expected, shocked, confused and then like Seonghwa, settling on the fact that if Yeosang was safe and happy then it was totally fine. Hearing Hongjoong accepting it helped Seonghwa to accept it too. Hongjoong also knew a little bit about poly relationships so he was able to answer some questions that Seonghwa was too scared to look up on the internet.

Speaking of Hongjoong, the smaller was coming over today so they could hang out and study as usual, and Seonghwa practically skipped back inside after Yeosang was out of sight to get ready himself.

Like he'd reminded Yeosang just before, he was an absolute nervous wreck when he had his first date with Hongjoong.

In the hours leading up to their very first date Seonghwa nervously shook, spiralling down a well of self doubt, and within the final hour before he was mean to meet Hongjoong in the dorm lobby Seonghwa completely crashed and burned.

A strong panic attack hit him like a freight train and rendered him paralysed to the bathroom floor refusing to leave because he swore to himself that it wasn't going to work out.

For starters Seonghwa was terrified of where they would be going. All he had been told after he said yes to Hongjoong, was meeting the smaller in the dorm lobby at 5.30 in the afternoon with the explicit instruction from the boy to wear something warm.

At this point Hongjoong was just a very cute boy he had a crush on but barely knew, that he saw mostly in class but occasionally around the dorm housing, and since Seonghwa had very low trust in anyone other than Yeosang, he didn't trust Hongjoong to actually appear in the first place. If on the very small chance Hongjoong did appear, Seonghwa was sure the smaller would take him somewhere and ditch him, 100%, and Seonghwa didn't know whether he was ready for that, even despite expecting it to happen.

Seonghwa had only ever dated two people prior and had his heart completely broken by what he hoped would be his third during high school.

His first boyfriend was nice, but they dated for barely a month before they both lost mutual interest.