Chicken

After a short drive, San and Yeosang arrived at the chicken restaurant, and Yeosang squashed the butterfly feeling he had in his tummy about where San wanted his lips later on in payment for everything the younger had just bought him.

Yeosang shifted his focus back to his favourite food chicken and also at the car park they were now pulling into. 

"Are you sure this is the place?" Yeosang questioned, looking between San and the building that they now sat out front of. 

It was a traditional Hanok style structure with planters full of flowers, small shrubs and a gravel car park out the front and trees around the back. The building was nestled in a more remote forested area of the countryside, and on first glance, despite clearly being in a car park for the joint, it looked like someone's home not a place to eat.

"Yep, this is the place!" San answered happily as he parked the car.

Yeosang narrowed his eyes at the building taking in the finer details. On second observation he could now see the telltale signs that this was indeed a restaurant, like the little wooden boards with the menu on them lent up against the wall, as well as a sign that clearly stated this was a chicken restaurant on the door. He also took in other details such as the cute orange lanterns hanging from the overhang of the roof and the little chicken sculpture sitting beside the front entrance. It was all very charming and quite frankly Yeosang hadn't expected a place quite as unique as this.

When San sent him the map and he had read "Chicken" in the description of the link he immediately told San yes and he didn't bother to look at anything further. The fact that it sold chicken was enough for Yeosang. Now he wished he had looked because maybe then he would have seen some photos of the place captured at night, or during the snow or even cherry blossom season since there was a large cherry blossom tree to the right side of the building; Yeosang was sure that the building would have quite the unique look to it under those circumstances.

The pair hopped out of the car and they joined hands as they walked up to the front entrance, just inside the door was an area to take off your shoes and the two boys, still holding hands each kicked off their shoes and popped them on the shelf, they then stepped up into a small room with a counter and a girl sitting behind it.

"Reservation?" she asked.

Reservation? Yeosang questioned while San nodded at the girl and stated his name.

Had San pre reserved a table? In fact where were the tables? Where were the people? He could smell chicken and they were clearly in a foyer of a restaurant but this place wasn't your typical large room multiple tables full of people sort of place.

Yeosang thought they'd go somewhere more casual but this actually seemed, now Yeosang thought about it, like a really fancy place for a date.

Yeosang shuffled closer to San, feeling kind of underprepared. San, sensing Yeosang's nerves, gave the olders hand a gentle squeeze.

The girl stepped out from behind the counter after grabbing two menus for the boys and she led the pair down a narrow hallway. As they followed the girl in deeper Yeosang could hear the light chatter of other patrons and he realised that he couldn't see the tables or the people because it was private dining.

Yeosang felt even more flustered and also a little special since he'd never been to a place like this for a date.

The girl soon opened a sliding door and the pair were ushered into a light and remarkably spacious room. In the centre of the room there was a floor table big enough for 4 people, though there were only two cushions, and on the wall was a simple traditional folk painting of women in hanbok.