Rest

San looked over at Yeosang who was fast asleep, his body curled up and his head resting against his hand on the windowsill for the drive home. As soon as San had draped his jacket over Yeosang he was out like a light.

San felt kind of bad for teasing the older and leading him to believe that a blow job was what he wanted, he hadn't expected Yeosang to freak out like he did. But in all honesty he knew he shouldn't be surprised that doing something like that would freak him out. Yeosang may have been with girls but besides Wooyoung, Yeosang was still very fresh when it came to being with another man. Given the older was worried about how he should act on their date it wasn't too farfetched to think that being apprehensive in being with another guy would raise concerns with the older as well.

Yeosang's reaction and San's lack of knowledge was just one of the reasons why taking their end of the relationship slow and not jumping the gun seemed like the right move for them.

San was falling, falling so hard you wouldn't believe for this boy. But he didn't know him, not in the way a lover, a best friend, even just a close friend should, not in the way Wooyoung already did.

He had learnt a lot so far in the brief time they had really started to explore each other, but that was just surface information like favourite movies and favourite foods, not the deeper details like how he moves, how he breathes how he lives. It was those inner flourishes that made up a person; San wanted to uncover those things because then he could treat the boy right he could love him right, and he also wouldn't hurt him again with petty jokes and miscommunication.

San switched the radio on for the drive home, at a very slow volume as to not disturb the boy beside him. It was a nice distraction to keep himself occupied while he drove.

The sun hadn't set but by the time San hit familiar roads that led to home it was a lot dimmer now, the clouds obstructing its rays from view. Upon seeing the turn off for Yeosang's dorm building San turned on his blinkers before navigating his way into the car park and finding a place to park.

Once he'd found a spot he cut the ignition, unlicked his belt and turned to Yeosang.

He was so peaceful. So unburdened in this state.

San sighed to himself, he kept hurting Yeosang for stupid things; saying their kiss wasn't special, teasing him about what he wanted from him, making him wear a dress and causing unease when his sister and ex just happened to appear. Even saying how Yeosang was his almost boyfriend in a way was a screw up too, if he hadn't have said that to Nayeon then the thread that led to the crux of their polyamorous relationship would have remained tightly bound. Yeosang could have told his sister about himself and Wooyoung at his own pace then.

"Yeosang?" San whispered softly, so very softly that he knew that it wouldn't wake the older.

He didn't really want to wake the older, he wanted to let him rest, he didn't want to bother him.

"Yeosang?" San whispered again, this time gently rocking the boy.

Still no response. But that was ok.

San carefully jumped out of the car before walking around to Yeosang's side and opening the door.

Wrong move.

Yeosang's limp body which had been leaning on that very door practically flew out of the car and if it weren't for the fact that Yeosang had his seatbelt on and San had caught him then the older would have fallen to the pavement.

San suppressed a yelp anticipating Yeosang to wake up, but surprisingly Yeosang didn't wake up and instead just smacked his lips and let out a little snore as his body shifted back into the car.