Part 26

Keith woke up to find Lance still softly snoring into his chest. A relaxed look on his face. Tear stains not visible on his cheeks. Kosmo stretched out on his back and legs in the air right on their legs.

Keith was struck by how oddly domestic it all seemed.

Maybe more confused by the fact he was ok with it.

He peeked over noticing both Shiro and Hunk were still asleep. It must be still early. All that time on the whale really messed with his internal clock. He fished his phone out to check the time. Heck would it even work properly on Earth? Like Earth time or... space time...

Either way 5:44am flashed around him. Not really helpful as to where but he took his best guess and hoped it was accurate.

He stretched out his toes as feeling a few pop. Kosmo huffed annoyed at the action and blinked over at Keith. Keith wanted to stretch fully but there was still a Lance on his chest.

Would it be rude to wake him?

Keith couldn't ponder on it more because there was a small whine from Lance who tightened his grip on Keith's shirt for a moment before relaxing. He seemed to slowly blink himself to life and look up. Keith noting the dazed and distant expression in his eyes.

"Hey Kosmo teleported you over here early in the night."

"Oh sorry," Lance said pulling himself off of Keith creating a safe amount of space between them

"You know not to worry about it," Keith could only really muttering fully sitting up

Lance looked around noting the others still asleep. Stealing the chance to fully stretch himself before heading toward the ladder.

"Guess we should get ready. Do you know the time?"

"Not sure if the space phones really work here. If so it's almost six."

"Let's take a gamble and say it matches up," Lance said landing on the floor moving to his set of clothes the Garrison had found for them

Much needed at this point honestly they didn't really have much in space. You could only wash things so many times for they got a bit too worn out.

"What do you think the plan is for today?" Keith asked joining Lance looking at his new uniform

"I think they mentioned a meeting. Likely will want to talk to us some more. Training probably," Lance listed stripping his shirt

"Think you will be able to sneak off for a proper reunion with your family?" Keith asked also changing his shirt

"I hope so... I'm kinda nervous about it though I guess. Plus there is still so much to do. We need to get the Galra out of here. There are still too many families trapped by them like Hunk's. It almost doesn't feel right to get to spend time with them you know... when everyone else is still without theirs."

"We will take care of it don't worry," Keith said dropping a hand on Lance's shoulder before turning around so he could change pants as well

To think he would have been flustered years ago changing in front of Lance. Now it had happened so often he had started memorizing the patterns on Lance's scars.

"Yeah... we still got a lot to do," Lance cleared his throat but cursed slightly coughing as he buttoned his pants

The talk with Shiro flashed in Keith's mind for a moment.

Could he really do that? Convince Lance to have the surgery. Potentially lose memory of everyone. To never love again.

Could they really afford to lose him though? As a paladin... or friend...